Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenjou Tenge

1. I just read through all the manga up to 76 and it's been great so far. I'll definately be picking this up when it hits American shores.

Downloaded and watched part of episode 10 and the intro was definately the best part. The rest of the episode seemed really cheaply made and pretty unpolished and they also seem to be changing a lot things around and leaving stuff out, once 1-9 finishes downloading I'll browse those but it looks like I'll be sticking to the manga.

Thanks for the heads-up!

2. 12 is out also at Got-Woot.

I'd have to say the production values have gone down since oh say... episode 4 but by then I was hooked into it so I didn't mind. So far 10-12 have been a flashback to see why the things that happened in 1-9 happened.

3. DC licenced Tenjo Tenge.
    go to:
    mangatranslation.com
    for more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

4. Yea episode 1 and 2 are pretty cool. I believe they had to cut a good bit out of the manga or tone down, so it could air on tv. The first fight on episode 2 is brutal.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gymkata
    DC licenced Tenjo Tenge.
    And it's still being fantranslated.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    I believe they had to cut a good bit out of the manga or tone down, so it could air on tv.
    But why are they cutting out fights and rearranging story points?

7. I'm not sure about the whole rearranging and cutting fights, since I've not read the manga. My only guess is to save time and make episodes fit in a 30 min time frame.

8. Make the first few episodes great quality, then slowly downsize it in hopes people don't notice.

I'll check it out

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    I'm not sure about the whole rearranging and cutting fights, since I've not read the manga. My only guess is to save time and make episodes fit in a 30 min time frame.
    I might be off on part of this since I haven't seen episode 9, but in the recap they only showed the fight with Mitsuomi and then in 10 went straight into the recap as told by Maya to her entire group. In the manga after Mitsuomi's fight Souichiro and Bob went to go challenge an old friend of Maya's (whose name I also forgot), and they got into a big fight and got their asses whooped. He then dragged both of them back to Bob's girlfriend's and then told just the three of them the backstory.

It doesn't change anything in the overall story but it's wierd since the entire reason they were being told the story is because Aya had run off with the katana (and ended up hiding with Masataka at his house for the night), and that guy decided to talk to the other two as part of the whole beginning of "What are you fighting for?" Just seems like quite a bit to just leave out considering how many manga-based animes follow their source directly.

10. 15 finally came out at GW.