First info on THQ's 2003 Xbox action title...

THQ has unveiled the first details to its upcoming Xbox title <b>Alter Echo</b> - the first game to make use of TimeDilation technology. <i>Alter Echo</i> is a new action game which will allow players to morph between three combat modes and alter time.

<p><b>Story</b>

Players will assume the role of Nevin, sent on a mission he does not yet understand to a planet whose very surface is alive. Interstellar corporations mine the planet's organic skin -- a substance called Plast -- and use it to make bio-machines. Nevin is one of the rare "Shapers" who can psychically alter Plast -- and time itself.

Nevin discovers that illegal experiments have infected Plast with human consciousness, and now he must fight for survival against a world gone mad, an entire planet that is using its bio-mechanical properties to spawn enemy after enemy to destroy him. An advanced real-time skeletal morphing system lets players to change between Melee, Gun and Stealth modes on the fly and during combat.

The Outrage-developed TimeDilation system allows players to freeze the action and cue up an unstoppable flurry of moves and special attacks. The groundbreaking PostFX camera system intensifies every action with mind-blowing visual effects, camera filters, and screen distortions.

Using a innovative camera system (PostFX) to intensify the action through a variety of visual effects when combos and special attacks are unleashed. Matt Toshclog sees <i>Alter Echo</i> as a game which will "allow the player to experience something completely fresh."

We'll await our opportunity just to see how "fresh" and exciting <i>Alter Echo</i> is next week...