Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Acclaim Nearing Bankruptcy

1. Acclaim Nearing Bankruptcy

8:49AM Acclaim says it may face bankruptcy (AKLM) 0.33: Co reports Q4 (Mar) results. Co says "failure to obtain a new banking facility would materially adversely affect the Company's operations and liquidity and the Company could be forced to cease operations or seek bankruptcy protection."

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040702/leisure_acclaim_2.html

They can't pay their bills, they lost their MLB license for failure to pay the players (may get that back), they lost Combat Elite from Battleborne... not much room between Acclaim and the corpse of 3DO at this point.
    No gnus is good gnus.

2. HOORAY!!!

/me gets the party hats and cake out

Well...It kinda came out of left field. You knew that they were not doing the BEST but geeze...

4. This is karma for Turok.

-Kyo

5. Dreaming THQ or EA gets Legends of Wrestling in bankruptcy, Take-Two gets Turok....
    No gnus is good gnus.

6. Oh my god, I just noticed your avatar, and I can't believe the original Megaman box really said hi resolution graphics. As if we knew what the fuck hi resolution was back then.

Uh, I'm talking about Striderkyo's avatar.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

7. Weren't they saying the same thing about Acclaim a decade ago? Five years ago?

THEY WILL NEVER DIE!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Weren't they saying the same thing about Acclaim a decade ago? Five years ago?

THEY WILL NEVER DIE!
    Yes, but it's actually serious this time. No time to bother with the details, but it's serious. Their lender GMAC has cut them off and they haven't gotten a new lender. Last time they were in deep trouble just as the new consoles were hitting (and their new games will sell because no competition), but now they are in worse trouble than ever and the console transition just ahead.

I estimate a 90%+ chance they're out of business or bankrupt in he next 12 months.
    No gnus is good gnus.

9. It's sad in a way...

NO IT ISN'T THIS IS MARVELOUS NEWS!

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    Yes, but it's actually serious this time. No time to bother with the details, but it's serious. Their lender GMAC has cut them off and they haven't gotten a new lender. Last time they were in deep trouble just as the new consoles were hitting (and their new games will sell because no competition), but now they are in worse trouble than ever and the console transition just ahead.

I estimate a 90%+ chance they're out of business or bankrupt in he next 12 months.
    HURRAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. I live near their NY headquarters. I should drive by and offer my condolences.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww