Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8101112

Thread: Acclaim Nearing Bankruptcy

1. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    it's really sad because the red star is actually cool. too little, too late, i suppose.
    Yeah, it is a rad game and 100 Bullets looked like it would be ok too. Around this time, Burnout 3 would be getting published by them too (1 & 2 were good ones to thier publishing repitoir (sp)).

I won't miss them though it's a shame they didn't turn things around like Ubi did or Midway recently has (when that happens we all win). They weren't as much a lost cause as 3DO was.
    o_O

2. 100 Bullets was gonna be pure crap. Even Azzarello was like "buy it but don't play it"
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis
    Second...The Red STAR is HORRID.i guess cus i love the source material.it would make more sense to turn it into a RTS or SRPG then a friggin top down POS.Anyone who has read the comic would know what i am talking about.(Neo Contra looks like shit too bytheway)
    I played a demo at GameStop the other day. I loved the damn thing.
    I hope someone picks it up.

4. The Red Star demo was pretty cool.

Saw a video of 100 Bullets...looked interesting, but the gun combat style completely ripped off Gun Kata from Equilibrium.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Sep 2004 at 06:20 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I played a demo at GameStop the other day. I loved the damn thing.
    I hope someone picks it up.
    Agreed.

I was quite surprised to see at Best Buy how "Juiced won't be coming out, as Acclaim has gone bankrupt"

I laughed, and then I realized I may never play Red Star.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. It doesn't matter. I'd sacrifice a good game to take out Acclaim any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    It doesn't matter. I'd sacrifice a good game to take out Acclaim any day.
    I wouldn't.
    They gave me free stuff!
    All I had to do was...
    Oh! Oh! Their game ideas!
    They're closed now... should I post some...? Hmm...

8. Post! Post! I'd love to hear some good gossip.

And as I said earlier, I don't think Acclaim was the Great Evil that many said it was. Not innocent by any stretch of the imagination, but more than capable of doing good stuff worth owning now and then.

James

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    Post! Post! I'd love to hear some good gossip.

And as I said earlier, I don't think Acclaim was the Great Evil that many said it was. Not innocent by any stretch of the imagination, but more than capable of doing good stuff worth owning now and then.

James
    Okay, well I described their HellBoy game in the HellBoy PS1 Reader Review section thingy. Thankfully we never saw that. They showed a video of him doing the same three-punch combo over and over again, made a huge deal of how he stomps on things (Bison headstand-style) and showed him beating up zombies with that combo in a graveyard. Looked awful.
    Then there was a game where you and your college frat boy friends solve a mystery in the bayou. Semi-original, and given some time, probably could've worked like a Shenmue kinda thing (which I suggested), but nothing came of that.
    Oh, stroke of brilliance... they once brought up the idea of a Teen Titans game a year or two before the show came out. The people there gave very unimpressed reactions (I'm guessing they were all like me and only knew the Teen Titans because it came before the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the back issues box. ...or not.). See, if they would've waited a bit longer, that would've been a valuable lisence.
    They had one idea that sounded pretty good, though. They wanted to make an online multiplayer game where horror movie villains either battled to the death in crazy locals, or had to compete in killing teenagers. That, or you could play as a teen and escape them. There were a lot of ideas thrown around. Could've been awesome, if I liked horror movies.
    Then, there was generic FPS #672. Killing aliens in an underwater laboratory. Yay. Now, if Hesh were doing the killing, it'd be awesome.
    There were a bunch more. I may post more, if I remember them.

Oh, and Nagis, I and my friend (who loved the idea, but never heard of the Red Star before) suggested that they make The Red Star a RTS game. Guess they didn't listen.