Thread: Help me ID a book

1. Question Help me ID a book

Okay, there was this book that I read when I was younger that I've always meant to pick up a copy of, but I always forget the title of it. It very well may be Bridge to Terabithia, but from reading the Amazon.com description of it, I'm not totally sure that it is.

Here is how I remember the book - it's been a long, long time since I last read it, so I could very well be wrong on some of the details. The book is about this boy, I think his mother works at a grocery store, maybe he does, maybe a grocery store is involved somehow, maybe not. I also seem to remember the book making a point of his not eating proper meals - like he eats a lot of TV dinners or something - but that very well could be wrong.

Anyhow, there's this wooded area down the street (?) from his house, and there's a revine there. The woods are basically a sort of gateway to a different world - and here is where I'm not sure that it is Bridge, because I'd swear that the world was real, but I suppose I could be wrong. The world is more of a Middle Ages-type world. I think he ends up meeting a girl, and she goes with him to the other world, and they have some sort of an adventure there. The overall tone of the story is a bit dark and depressing, and I remember the other world having a bit of a dreary feeling to it.

Anyone know which book I'm talking about?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. It's definitely not Bridge to Terabithia. But I have no idea what it actually is, sorry.

3. DO YOU KNOW THE ISBN?

4. If the girl dies at their special place, and the ending is all gay and depressing, it's probably Bridge to Terabithia
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 22 Aug 2004 at 10:27 AM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.