Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Advice for anybody using P2P/BitTorrent

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    i'm having upload problems too. i just became a member of a certain tracker site, quickly dl about 300MB in the last hour and my upload is a whopping 0. I don't want to piss them off and get booted! Is there something i should set to get the upload going better? I'm using Azureus.
    hop onto it in about a week or so when the seeds start dying off on it, you're not uploading anything because all the peers already have sufficient seeding.

2. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    i'm having upload problems too. i just became a member of a certain tracker site, quickly dl about 300MB in the last hour and my upload is a whopping 0. I don't want to piss them off and get booted! Is there something i should set to get the upload going better? I'm using Azureus.
    Do like I did and download stuff that you're not entirely interested in, but would like to share with people. Especially if you're using a broadband connection or higher, leechers will appreciate it, and you're share ratio will go higher.

3. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    Im going to assume I know where you are talking about. Keep your seeds open as long as possible. I mean for like weeks. Its what you have to do in the beginning there. That or upload your own stuff. Its the only way to get a good ratio. Once you get a good ratio (mines at 1.6) you can download stuff and just keep them open until you get tired of it. It gets much easier, but you have to work at it.
    your mom

4. I'm trying to open a port for Azureus on my router, so i'm playing around on the attached screen, where i assume "application gateways" is Belkin for port forwarding. I'm not quite certain how to fill it in. When i try to test the port in azureus i get one of 2 things: "port in use, stop current torrents and restart Azureus", which i've done and still get the same thing, or "Nat error...". Any help? *edit, on that screen shot i don't have the end trigger port number filled in, but it was set when i was doing the tests. I attempted leaving them blank to have it open all the time but the router won't accept a blank field.

mman-
    Yeah i've been leaving all my seeds open. I got a message through there today i need to fix my NAT stuff, so that's what i'm attempting now. I have uploaded about 6MB, so it's not completely shut off, but i guess it will only work with certain other people? I dont know, this stuff confuses me.
    Last edited by stormy; 22 Jan 2005 at 04:03 PM.

5. Yeah, you wont connect properly if your ports are not open. Check portforward.com to look for your model of belking router for step by step instructions.

PS- There is a help forum on said website. They will help you out, theyll just be pricks about it.
    your mom

6. thanks i think i got it. "application gateways" is apparently not Belkin for port forwarding, "Virtual servers" is.