Thread: Weird problem accessing Yahoo...

1. Weird problem accessing Yahoo...

Okay, so I can access Yahoo find on my comp - the second comp on the network here won't go to it though. All International Yahoo sites work fine, but not regular old www.yahoo.com. We've tried with Netscape, IE & MSN, but it keeps saying the page is unavailable. I’ve tried on Moz and IE here and it’s fine. Maybe this has some rudimentary explanation, but I had to make a thread – very curious. Anyway, thanks for any help.

edit - oh yeah, pinging Yahoo in cmd works fine.

lithium Guest
    There's several possibilities. The best way to get some info to go on is to ping yahoo from the bad computer. Open a command prompt and type "ping www.yahoo.com". The ip address it ends up pinging and the results will help determine what is going on.

If ping ends up with "host unreachable", try "ping 66.94.230.34", that's a yahoo IP address. If you end up here, then the results of that ping will be helpful too.

eh, if ping works fine then I think you're beyond message board help, there's too many possibilities. I'd take a gander at your hosts file just to make sure.