Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Wa Isumo Hale Nochi Guu Lisenced!

1. Jungle Wa Isumo Hale Nochi Guu Lisenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    AN Entertainment Licenses Guu (2004-07-03 14:46:59)
    Ending months of speculation, AN Entertainment has officially announced that they have acquired Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    Jungle Guu Update (2004-07-03 15:47:52)
    AN Entertainment's Jungle Guu (officially called Haré+Guu) license includes the first 6-episode OVA series (Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Deluxe ) but does not yet include Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final.
    This is the best show EVER. I fully expect you guys to buy it when it comes out.

2. Wow. I did not see that coming.
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I fully expect you guys to buy it when it comes out.
    But of course.

4. Sweet.

5. These are the people that released Risky Safety. Good show, good box art for the DVDs, terrible episode placement. The episodes were like 12 minutes long each and only had about 7 of them on a DVD. What a rip off.

If they don't do that with Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, hell yeah I'm going to buy it. I love the show.
    Last edited by Station; 26 Aug 2004 at 05:01 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Station
    These are the people that released Risky Safety. Good show, good box art for the DVDs, terrible episode placement. The episodes were like 12 minutes long each and only had about 7 of them on a DVD. What a rip off.

If they don't do that with Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, hell yeah I'm going to buy it. I love the show.
    It's not really the fault of AN Entertainment. The episodes were 15 minutes long to begin with, and the company that produced it in Japan normally sets strict rules as to how many volumes a show must be released in that the American producer must follow.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    It's not really the fault of AN Entertainment. The episodes were 15 minutes long to begin with, and the company that produced it in Japan normally sets strict rules as to how many volumes a show must be released in that the American producer must follow.
    I haven't seen that hold true for some animes I have. I don't remember the Japanese production ever having say on how many episodes to a DVD there should be. Are there some right protections involved or something?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Station
    I haven't seen that hold true for some animes I have. I don't remember the Japanese production ever having say on how many episodes to a DVD there should be. Are there some right protections involved or something?
    As far as I know regarding how anime is published here in America, the American distributor must adhere to any number of licensing agreements set forth by the Japanese producer.

For instance, Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu will be shortened to Hare Guu here in America. It's not just because Media Blasters are a bunch of douchebags, but because the licensing agreement stated that the show be shortened to Hare Guu because the official name of the Manga in Japan was changed to the same. The same holds true with Giant Robo, which will span across 3 or even 4 DVD's (I forgot the specific number though it was stated) even though all 7 episodes could easily fit on one dual-layered DVD. The japanese producers have much more say than you'd believe.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Station
    These are the people that released Risky Safety. Good show, good box art for the DVDs, terrible episode placement. The episodes were like 12 minutes long each and only had about 7 of them on a DVD. What a rip off.
    Well, those 7 episodes are 84 minutes, but some anime has several dvds of just 3 episodes at about 60 minutes. So it isnt that bad...

10. Quote Originally Posted by perkyskirt
    Well, those 7 episodes are 84 minutes, but some anime has several dvds of just 3 episodes at about 60 minutes. So it isnt that bad...
    I'm hoping they go by 4 episodes spanning over 6 DVDs. That would be nice.