Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jungle Wa Isumo Hale Nochi Guu Lisenced!

1. Stop whining. What'd we miss in HareGuu, the end song? Big fucking deal. We get to listen to the awesome afro-disco song instead. Rock on.
    This was also announced many times. AN said they couldn't get it. They're small. Funimation is not quite that small, but I don't see their name anywhere in regards to its release.
    ...and, yes, things cost money. The recording industry, both domestic and abroad, costs a lot of money. Sometimes things don't work out. Stop your forum-hopping complaints 'cause nobody gives a shit.

2. The ending song of Guu wasn't too special, if i remember right.
    Whatever. It's annoying, but this time it's less annoying than usual.
    Adv cut out the opening of Super Milk-chan. Though the animation's on the disk as an extra, the music isn't. Happens a lot with video games too. Namco's Tales series is the one that pisses me off the most.
    Donk

3. Hare (with little dash over the e) + Guu box set, Best Buy, $17. Yoink!

I watched the first two episodes tonight, not really knowing what to expect. Damn, this is a weird one.

James

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kirkengaard
    The opening theme for the first season of Kodocha (Kodomo no Omocha) was replaced with the opening theme for the second season, and several lines in the Japanese dialogue were completely silenced because one of the band members that performed the opening theme had a few lines of dialogue in the anime.
    Aww, I liked "7 O'Clock News" by Tokio, it was kind of catchy. What did they do in the english release when the song itself played up during the episodes? Did they put in new music entirely or just silence it? That would just be weird.... : (

As to the main topic: Jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu is a good time. It's crazy to see stuff I never would of imagined getting licensed 5 years ago sitting on best buy shelves <3.

5. Quote Originally Posted by James
    Hare (with little dash over the e) + Guu box set, Best Buy, $17. Yoink!

I watched the first two episodes tonight, not really knowing what to expect. Damn, this is a weird one.

James
    I was just as giddy when I bought it last week. You're gonna love that show. It's the best ever and it just gets better and better as it goes on.

6. Funny this got bumped. I was going to bump it last week but hit the back button instead. I'm pissed that the second disc only has 3 episodes on it. For $20 or more? Bullshit. How many episodes are in this series?

7. I'm pretty sure they'll do the usual 4-3-3-3-3-3-4 distribution of episodes. I hope the box holds the OVAs as well. And yeah, $20 for three episodes is steep.

James

8. AN went through a lot of shit to get this release. Judging by their previous two releases, I'm sure the Japanese publisher had a really fucking big hand in this decision.

9. I am displeased that they would not put more effort into keeping the ending true to it's original content, but I've gotten used to such disappointments (Zeta Gundam to name one).

For Guu, I suppose 7 DVDs isn't too bad as 6-7 discs seems to be normal for that these days. What a defeat I feel for admitting that as "normal."