Better luck next time Mr. Moss

Following the announcement that they would be teaming up with ESPN, Sega Sports has announced that they have selected Chicago Bears middle-linebacker Brian Urlacher as the official spokesperson for NFL 2K3. Urlacher, who was named AP Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2000, has played in two Pro Bowls and led the Bears in virtually every stat that matters each year.

"Brian Urlacher's breakthrough play has redefined the middle linebacker position. The hard work and drive he has shown through his dedication to the NFL and the Chicago Bears exemplifies what SEGA Sports is all about -- fortitude, strength and passion," said Tom Nichols, group director of sports marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "Brian has offered our development team strategic advice and counsel about what it's like to be one of the toughest and athletically gifted young linebackers in the NFL. With his help and the many numerous additions to this year's game there is no doubt 'SEGA Sports NFL 2K3' will own the playing field."

Urlacher isn’t just going to be the face on the cover however, as his defensive moves and tackles were motion captured for use in the game. In addition, Sega will utilize Urlacher’s voice for the various defensive huddle calls, as well as for input on defensive play design.

"I've been dreaming of being on an NFL video game cover since I started playing football," Urlacher said. "I am honored to be a part of 'SEGA Sports NFL 2K3' because this game offers the best perspective on what it's really like to be on the football field. SEGA Sports has managed to capture the most realistic details of the game, down to the look and the feel of realistic tackles."

NFL 2K3 is set for release this fall for the Playstation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. Meanwhile, check out these motion capture images of Urlacher in action.