Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancakes II: The Fiction and Poetry Thread

Stories: part of Chapter 1 of the Treasure of Mudrock Island is uploaded and attached. The links go to the Shadow of Prea, chapters 1-3. It's all I have typed up of those yet, I prefer to write longhand. Then when I go over it and type it up, I do a kind of running edit, where improvements are made all around. I've got to kind of reconcile chapter 3 with 1 and 2. It's in progress and I kind of left it alone for too long.

The Shadow of Prea - Chapter 1.

The Shadow of Prea - Chapter 2.
    The Shadow of Prea - Chapter 3. (Unfinished)

There, I've finished chapter 1 of Mudrock. Still have to edit the quotes right, but I'm going to blaze on. I like this one way better than the other, for the time being.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 23 Jul 2007 at 10:13 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

The Shadow of Prea needs some editing still, especially comma usage.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

3. Revive, please.

Cowutopia, did you ever do anything with Treasure of Murdock Island? I would have liked to see where it went. Would be cool if it were told in first-person, too.

I've got some roughdrafts I'll post soon. Right now I'm finishing up a roughdraft about an underground sex club. Post stuff!

Whoa, someone remembers mudrock!

Yeah I've got work on it, but nothing I'm really ready to show. Brisco...one day I'll look at your shit. I mean it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Whoa, someone remembers mudrock!

Yeah I've got work on it, but nothing I'm really ready to show. Brisco...one day I'll look at your shit. I mean it.
    Hahaha! Dude, that's fine! I don't care anymore, lol. It's probably better this way anyway.

Edit: Oy, this thread is very embarrassing. What a difference four years makes.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 03 Dec 2008 at 09:19 PM.

6. I fucking love post 12.

Brisco, I think your Hero story has a really cool layout concept - how the chapters are numbered by attachment and the chapter names are the file names for the attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I like airports. I always find them somehow romantic.
    Same here. Your poems all have good rhythm, btw.

Here's one of a few short stories I've worked on the past week. I'll post the others once I spend some time revising them and quit starting new ones right away.
    Last edited by Glitch; 25 Jun 2009 at 01:56 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Brisco, I think your Hero story has a really cool layout concept - how the chapters are numbered by attachment and the chapter names are the file names for the attachments.
    Don't read that! Stay away!
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 03 Dec 2008 at 10:36 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Here's one of a few short stories I've worked on the past week. I'll post the others once I spend some time revising them and quit starting new ones right away.
    Inside the bag it’s Christmas day, and I ask April how much she’s wanting to spend
    I don't know why, but I love that line.

Great flow. Nice fucked-up ending. I was going to complain that I saw the ending coming a mile away until I realized... well, until I realized. Either way, I enjoyed it.

Good jorb!

9. Cool, I'm glad you liked it.

Here's my underground sex club story, which I'd love to add some more meat to and make novel-sized.
    Last edited by Glitch; 25 Jun 2009 at 01:56 AM.