Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want games that use two existing special controllers at once. Who's with me?

1. I want games that use two existing special controllers at once. Who's with me?

So, where's my combat game that lets me drive with one hand and two feet on my Mad Catz wheel/pedals and shoot with a lightgun in the other hand? How cool would that be? Drivin' around in your Jeep or whatever. How about a FPS that uses the DDR pad to move around while you shoot with a light gun? Can't get much more intuative than actually stepping where you want to go and then really aiming and shooting. I think it would be hella' fun. How about a fishing game that uses a rod controller, but also gives you a light gun in your other hand to "subdue" fish that are way to big for the net? How about the Samba Maracas and DDR pad together? Crazy dancing game fun. I want this nitche stuff put to better use!

I don't think those dance pads would be good for much else but the driving/shooting idea sounds great.

3. Um...you can use both NES controllers at once for Smash TV on the NES to simulate the arcade style control..I dun think thats exactly what u were talking about but...bleh.

4. Oh! For that FPS that uses the DDR pad and light gun, there also has to be a hat with a GBA strapped to the top using one of those "tilt n' tumble" carts so you can look up and down! I'm serious! That would be so cool...

There already is a game that uses two existing accessories at once:

with

and

To hell with the DDR mats!

6. I can't remember the name of the game (something like Battlefleet) by capcom thats going to have it's own dual joystick with around 40 buttons. It's a mech game that will try to be as real as a mech would be if it actually existed. I read an article in the latest Xbox magazine I believe and it looked pretty damn cool. The joystick looked pretty expensive and the game didn't have that many stages so hopefully they can keep the price down cause I don't see too many games taking advantage of such a contraption.

D

7. Originally posted by dyomides
    I can't remember the name of the game (something like Battlefleet) by capcom thats going to have it's own dual joystick with around 40 buttons. It's a mech game that will try to be as real as a mech would be if it actually existed. I read an article in the latest Xbox magazine I believe and it looked pretty damn cool. The joystick looked pretty expensive and the game didn't have that many stages so hopefully they can keep the price down cause I don't see too many games taking advantage of such a contraption.
    It was called "Tekki" for the longest time, and yes, it lights up an has like 40 buttons.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

8. Capcom's mech game has changes names like Constantinople. First it was Brainbox, then Tekki, now it's Steel Battalion.

I think a GunCon and a DDR pad would be a great combination, if the DDR pad was used to "walk" around the arena and dodge gunfire. Sort of like a ghetto MoCap sensor.

The problem with games like this is that they would have no market. Peripheral games are a tough enough sell, because you either have to sell an expensive piece of plastic, or restrict your market to those who already bought it. Requiring two peripherals would shrink this market to almost nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. First thing that came to mind:

Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    So, where's my combat game that lets me drive with one hand and two feet on my Mad Catz wheel/pedals and shoot with a lightgun in the other hand?

Close enough.

Man, back when I was kid, this game's title must have garnered a thousand lame ass jokes.

Edit: why are the img tags not working?

10. "Subdue" fish too big for the net!
    I didn't know about that Tekki 40 button board, insane. Me, I'm just waiting for the day when you can stick nodes and stuff on your head and play the game mentally.
    pwned by Ivan