Thread: SONY 3.3MP Digi-Cam for SALE - COMPLETE & LIKE NEW

1. SONY 3.3MP Digi-Cam for SALE - COMPLETE & LIKE NEW

I got a Digi-Cam for sale (will be listed on ebay if no one picks it up)

SONY DSC-S75
    3.3 Megapixels
    3x Optical / 6x Digital Zoom
    1.5 LCD screen
    3000+ pictures / 3 hours on a full charge of battery

Production Description:
    The DSC-S75 gives the user the ultimate in control and performance. With an outstanding combination of optical quality in the Carl Zeiss "Vario Sonnar" lens and resolution, with a phenomenal 3.34 mega-pixel imager, this is Sony's first camera ever to have a 14 BIT DXP A/D converter for more life like digital photography. The DSC-S75 is a photo enthusiast's dream with extensive manual controls. The DSC-S75 uses the proprietary Sony Memory Stick technology for image storage. An 8MB Memory Stick is supplied with the camera and additional media are available up to 64MB. Individual images can be write-protected from accidental erasure (except through card reformatting) via the Protect option under the Playback settings menu. Individual write-protection also prevents the image from being changed in any way, such as rotating or resizing. The entire Memory Stick can be write-protected by sliding the lock switch on the stick into the locked position, which also guards against the entire stick being formatted. The S75's LCD monitor reports the current number of images captured, how many additional images can be stored (based on current image resolution and quality settings), and displays a small graphic to let you know approximately how much space is left on the Memory Stick. (In Movie mode, the camera reports the available recording time.) Through the Playback settings menu, you can designate whether the camera numbers each image sequentially (from one Memory Stick to the next), or restarts file numbering with each new Memory Stick. The Playback menu also offers a Resize option, as well as Copy and Rotate tools. The camera's Digital Print Option Format (DPOF) compatibility allows you to mark specific images for printing. Through the Setup menu, you can decide whether or not to print the date and/or time on the image as well. Image Size options include 2, 048 x 1, 536, 2, 048 x 1, 536 (3: 2 ratio), 1, 600 x 1, 200, 1, 280 x 960, 640 x 480, and 320 x 240 pixels (E-Mail recording option). Movie file sizes are 320 (HQ), 320 x 240, and 160 x 112 pixels for MPEG Movies, or 160 x 120 and 80 x 72 pixels for Clip Motion files. In addition to the uncompressed TIFF file format, the S75 offers both Fine and Standard JPEG compression levels, and a GIF option for Text and Clip Motion recording modes.
    Item comes with everything as if you were to buy it new. Camera lens, camera strap, USB cable, AC Adaptor, AV cable, manual, inserts, 8mb memory stick, battery, software CD, etc.

Also included is an accessory kit. In the kit is a camera bag, extra battery and extra 8mb memory stick.

Camera even still has its original stickers and bags.

click on image to enlarge..

2. I'm interested, around how much are you looking to get for this?

3. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    I'm interested, around how much are you looking to get for this?
    $400 including shipping (Priority 2-3 days), delivery confirmation and insurance. Price is negotiable.

4. Eh, I'll pass. I don't know anything about that specific camera, but $400 sounds like a lot for 3.3 megapixel. Thanks anyway.

(Yeah, I'll definitely pass. $200 on ebay sounds a lot better )
    Last edited by NoFace; 11 Jul 2004 at 05:59 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Eh, I'll pass. I don't know anything about that specific camera, but $400 sounds like a lot for 3.3 megapixel. Thanks anyway.

(Yeah, I'll definitely pass. $200 on ebay sounds a lot better )
    No problem. Again price is negotiable but not $200

Mind you, the ones you get on ebay are either incomplete, missing items, and/or dont come with the accessories I include. Everything you see is as if you were to buy it new the same probably goes for condition.

Here is a review of the camera..sorry, forgot to add the link before.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/s75.html

6. Sorry man, but you're asking way too much. You can get a 5 MP Sony with a Zeiss lens and rechargable battery new in the box for that price.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Kodak too...

8. Than what you think would be reasonable?
    Last edited by bandit; 11 Jul 2004 at 04:29 PM.

9. Amazon sells them used for like 275. Honestly, it's a really good camera, and more professional level than most point and shoots, but it's a 3 year old model, and you can buy the DSC-V1, which I think is the modern replacement of the S75 for 450 most places. I personally think it's worth 300, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be able to get most people to pay that much for it. Prosumers will pay the extra money for something more cutting edge and the average consumer will pay less for something smaller and simpler.

That was a really long winded way of saying probably 200.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    Amazon sells them used for like 275. Honestly, it's a really good camera, and more professional level than most point and shoots, but it's a 3 year old model, and you can buy the DSC-V1, which I think is the modern replacement of the S75 for 450 most places. I personally think it's worth 300, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be able to get most people to pay that much for it. Prosumers will pay the extra money for something more cutting edge and the average consumer will pay less for something smaller and simpler.

That was a really long winded way of saying probably 200.
    Thanks for the input. If there are any other offers feel free to post them. If not, its off to eBay probably either before or after I leave for Florida (July 16th to 23rd). If the way I list my auctions, hopefully, it can fetch over $300.
    Last edited by bandit; 11 Jul 2004 at 10:41 PM.