Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Dismissing a game outright as soon as the developer is announced (who is perfectly respectable, by the way, Betheseda might not be Bioware but theyre not Acclaim or 3DO or the Brotherhood of Steel team) paints you as, well... not quite a retard but something alone those lines.
    A cripple?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid
    I agree with Joust Williams. I'm not looking forward to this. Are they continuing what was already done, or starting from scratch?

I can see them throwing the isometric view out the window and making it fully 3D. I can see Fallout losing it unique feel and humor.
    So wait, just because a company's best games happen to be 3d rpg's, every single game they make now will be exactly like Morrowind? Where is this type of reasoning coming from?

Only on TNL....
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Dismissing a game outright as soon as the developer is announced (who is perfectly respectable, by the way, Betheseda might not be Bioware but theyre not Acclaim or 3DO or the Brotherhood of Steel team) paints you as, well... not quite a retard but something alone those lines.
    I'm not dissmissing the game outright. I'm just highly skeptical of Bethesda(whom I have nothing against) pulling off the Fallout feel. They may be able to do it, they may not. I'll keep an eye on the game, I'm just not going to get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    So wait, just because a company's best games happen to be 3d rpg's, every single game they make now will be exactly like Morrowind?
    I never said it will be exactly like Morrowind. I doubt it will be. They've already said it won't be Morrowind with guns. What I do doubt is that they will keep the classic isometric view.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Where is this type of reasoning coming from?

Only on TNL....
    Only in the Fallout community...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Elder Scrolls series aside, Bethesda has made alot of REALLY bad games. Even Morrowind fans can't really argue with that. Might not be a good rule with this company. They do their share of shovelware, and some stuff they really pour resources into.
    Besides the IHRA Racing series, what crappy stuff have they developed in the past few years? They have concentrated almost entirely on Morrowind and its expansions as a developer.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid
    I never said it will be exactly like Morrowind. I doubt it will be. They've already said it won't be Morrowind with guns. What I do doubt is that they will keep the classic isometric view.
    They could easily use a view such as the one seen in KOTOR.

Bethesda creates some of the largest interactive worlds ever, and I can't wait to see what they'd do with the Fallout world. I loved Fallout 2 (never played any of the others in the series), but the fact that sometimes it felt so small sometimes got to me.

A game like Fallout 2, with the size of Morrowind, would be excellent.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. Quote Originally Posted by SXA
    I would have preferred it went to Bioware
    It should've gone to Obsidian.

But this is crazy good news.

7. Heh, the official Elder Scrolls board is being flooded by Fallout fans who seem just a step below Trekkies for "devotion." They're convinced it's going to fail and are already giving Bethesda shit for ruining the series.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Wow, way to write the game off before, umm:

01. A screenshot is shown.
    02. A character art is shown.
    03. Any mention is made of the game's story, setting, characters, perspective, interface, combat system, trade system, story structure, or gameplay structure.
    The irony burns my very hands as i type this. but I find this as really good news, i make no claim of neutrality here,I really love morrowind, so the fact that the developers of morrowind are on this game is beyond good. will it guarentee a good game, no, but after seeing how much detail and freedom there was in morrowind, it is a very good indication that this game will be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Heh, the official Elder Scrolls board is being flooded by Fallout fans who seem just a step below Trekkies for "devotion." They're convinced it's going to fail and are already giving Bethesda shit for ruining the series.
    i have to check that out, do you post there too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Besides the IHRA Racing series, what crappy stuff have they developed in the past few years? They have concentrated almost entirely on Morrowind and its expansions as a developer.
    IHRA was the big one I was thinking of in terms of recent stuff. Still I'm just saying, they're hit or miss.

Anyway, people should be skeptical of almost any developer change except maybe in cases where the original developer has been running the series into the ground. It doesn't automatically mean it'll be bad, but it's always cause for concern, even if the new dev is good at their own thing.

10. Yep. Same name as here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    IHRA was the big one I was thinking of in terms of recent stuff. Still I'm just saying, they're hit or miss.
    Square also makes shitty racers. Doesn't affect their RPGs any.
    Last edited by sethsez; 12 Jul 2004 at 11:59 PM.