Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2535373839

Thread: doom 3 - official

1. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    I loved this game when I first got it, but man I cannot stomach to beat it! Too bad the game was horribly repetetive, at least we have an outstanding graphics engine.
    The game is definitely too long for its own good.

2. Uhm! This is sweet on my Imac G5... No widescreen support though! Most tense game I ever played.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

3. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    The game is definitely too long for its own good.
    That's what happens when developers listen to the stupid fans.

"Waah! Their purported hours will be too short, id needs to make it longer!"
    Doom III gets released
    "Hey, they did, awesome! ...Waah! It's too long!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    That's what happens when developers listen to the stupid fans.

"Waah! Their purported hours will be too short, id needs to make it longer!"
    Doom III gets released
    "Hey, they did, awesome! ...Waah! It's too long!"

People love to hate on this game. It's too long, it's too basic in terms of gameplay....whatever. I loved every minute of DooM III and to be honest I felt like it didn't last long enough. The atmoshpere was hands down one of the best in any game I've ever played.

Can't wait to play some Co-Op on the Box.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    People love to hate on this game. It's too long, it's too basic in terms of gameplay....whatever. I loved every minute of DooM III and to be honest I felt like it didn't last long enough. The atmoshpere was hands down one of the best in any game I've ever played.

Can't wait to play some Co-Op on the Box.
    I agree with everything except it being too short. It would've benefited from being about 20% shorter IMO.

Doom 3 was an absolute delight from beginning to end and even managed to sneak into my Top 10 Games Of All Time list (at the #9 slot).

6. I didn't have a problem with the length but personally I would've done away with some of the typical laboratory levels and put more Hell levels. I thought they looked great and some more scary Hell stuff would've been better. I guess the expansion will provide that.

7. I'm enjoying the box version since my PC couldn't run it. Runs better than I thought, good port.

8. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    Anyone tried the classic doom mod yet?
    I just did this and it's fucking awesome! They've only got three levels but it's back to no leaping Imps, no curved fireballs, no reloading, just plain old-style run-n-gun. At the very least you all need to check out the site and scroll down to the screenshot comparision. Great stuff.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 29 Mar 2005 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I repeat myself repeatedly.

9. Fuck.

Time to re-install Doom 3, thanks.

10. They released an updated version of Classic Doom on the 10th, first five levels in a row and now with remixed versions of the original music. Hotness.