Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $29.99 Nintendo games?

1. Well, I do look forward MP2, since first was excellent game.

I just dont care about Paper Mario series

2. Well I checked the prices on ebgames and they were listed at $50, I'll believe it when I see it.

D

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I like you and all, Despair, but I can't imagine a scenario in which anyone that sat down with Paper Mario 2 wouldn't have a blast. And MP2's setting is dark and claustrophic, that should be right up your alley.

We're all entitled to our tastes, but yours is wrong.
    I spent the $60 or $70 or whatever the original Paper Mario was, and I got treated to a bland-playing RPG with some admittedly nice Mario trappings. One could argue that the whole point of the game was to revel in the Mario-ness of it, but Id rather play great games than merely decent ones that rely on nostalgic feelings towards the theme.

Im not seeing what is gonna make Paper Mario 2 any different. If youre a total Nintendo whore, yea, its heaven, but then again, thats the only type of person that Nintendo is making games for nowadays anyway.

4. I've never played the original Paper Mario (too expensive), but Paper Mario 2 has me wanting to give it's buttons a press. I don't think I'd pay 50 bucks (60 - 70 in canada) for this game. 40 dollar games in Canada? I could live with that.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Jul 2004 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Any first-party Nintendo stuff at $30 on day one would be an instant purchase.
    Except for Mario Party.

6. And WarioWare GC, and Pokemon Channel, which already had this pricing, actually, so it's not really without precedent.

Daddy wants some $10 Pokémon Channel.

Make it happen, Nintendo.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    $30's the price of their Platinum Hit series, right?

I have a very difficult time believing Nintendo will release new games at the same price.
    I saw an ad for their Player's Choice games now being $20. Maybe that's just certain ones there. Guess there's level 1 and level 2 discount status if so. I also thought it was lame that their greatest/platinum was $10 more, so hopefully they caught on and it's all of them for $20 now. And a GBA line would be nice too, although most games are new for $30 at most, so it's almost pointless other than to get a reissue.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

9. I woulda bought em at full price anyway. I win.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

10. Quote Originally Posted by kbuchanan
    I woulda bought em at full price anyway. I win.
    You win, but your wallet doesn't.