Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $29.99 Nintendo games?

1. This will be the smartest thing Nintendo has done in a long time, if it's true.
    It's like they're searching message boards for suggestions...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Seven Force
    You win, but your wallet doesn't.
    Where's the logic there? He's spending $90 now instead of $150.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    This will be the smartest thing Nintendo has done in a long time, if it's true.
    It's like they're searching message boards for suggestions...
    Nintendo's drop to $99 for the GC wasn't too long ago, so I don't think that it's the smartest "in a long time."
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. Damn TobalRox, you read my mind...twice.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

4. I hate to be pessimistic but I doubt Nintendo will do this, I'd like to be proven wrong though... frankly speaking, I've rarely seen Nintendo release real "value priced" titles. With their Player's Choice pricing at $29.99 instead of $19.99 and their 1st party GBA games priced at $30 for nearly forever (seems to be getting better though), it would be a pleasant surprise to see new must-have titles released at $30 a pop...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

5. I have to agree. I don't see it happening. I'm buying em anyhow, except I'm not too sure about Star Fox.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

6. Their customer service is still great in a day and age when no one seems to give a shit anymore.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    Nintendo's drop to $99 for the GC wasn't too long ago, so I don't think that it's the smartest "in a long time."
    Console price drops always happen. I just thought it good that someone had the guts to drop new titles to a low price at launch, that's all. In comparison, I gauge this as smarter.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Console price drops always happen. I just thought it good that someone had the guts to drop new titles to a low price at launch, that's all. In comparison, I gauge this as smarter.
    New titles at cheaper prices is nothing new. Sony did it with their games going to $39.99, and Sega did the same thing for the Saturn. Before Sega did that for Saturn, they also said no game would be more than $49.99 for their system, back in days of games being $59.99 new or more (since people were still used to carts with high prices).