Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning Forever

1. Arrow Warning Forever

http://www18.big.or.jp/~hikoza/Prod/index_e.html

This is one of the best freeware shmups I've played. I'd easily rank it among the ABA Games shmups, though I probably like it even more than Tumiki Fighters.

The game has you against a single boss, with a 180 second time limit. If you kill the boss, you get more time. If you die, you lose time.

Each boss is an evolved form of the last. If it kills you with a certain weapon, that weapon will be more powerful next stage. If you break off a certain portion of him, that portion will be reinforced next stage.

The scoring is pretty simple: You get more points for destroying multiple parts at once by, say, breaking the innermost joint of a wing. For the most points, you'll need to destroy the core with as many parts still attatched as possible.

By the time you hit stage 10 and above, you begin to get bosses looking like the above.

You have a standard fire weapon and a "Free Range"-ish mode which gives you a cone of fire that can be rotated and resized. There's also a slow-move button.

Give it a shot. And check out the score thread while you're at it.
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 14 Jul 2004 at 09:06 PM.

2. that's hot. i'll try it tonight.

3. Ive been playing it for a while. Got me through many a boring classes. I still suck though, I get to level 16 on a good day.

Is this a new version of it? Cause the one I have doesnt have a free range type shot, and the level ten bosses look nowhere near that scary.
    A is for action

4. The latest version is 1.04... If you got it from the link, you should be fine.

Great game. I love the look too.

6. I'm pretty sure we had a thread on this before, though I can't find it... It's a fun little game.

7. w00t! Freeware shmups are one of the few times I can justify gaming on a PC. I love these things....Thanks for the heads up.

8. Wow, thats awesome. I dont think the version I have had the free range type weapon, but it comepletly changes the dynamics of the game. It feels so much more fine tuned now.

Its funtastic.
    A is for action

9. Tell me when there's a version without the explosions. They keep obscuring shots and I keep dying from attacks I never see coming.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. I think the developer said that this is the last version. You're out of luck. :P