Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $29.99 Nintendo games?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    I'll buy all three on release, just to drive home that the $30 price point is what gamers want. I was planning on getting all three anyway, just not at release.
    This is the type of thing that could change the release.

If more games were priced at 29.99, gamers would PICK UP MORE! That way, we more than likely wouldn't be seeing these huge huge clearences that seem to happen of games being sold for 5-20 dollars, when developers originally wanted 50.

Every game I wait for a price drop to get, such as Prince of Persia, I'd have gladly have gotten for 30 at release.

The price would justify the large amount of games coming out, because it seems the industry just can't hold all of these games coming out at 49.99... alot of great games are getting dismissed. Maybe it takes a giant like Nintendo to show everyone else a cheap price point and profit CAN be done.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    When banks compete, we all win.
    Thank you Lending Tree!

Nintendo truly loves the consumer. They don't even care about making huge profits anymore. They're all about pea-su and rabu. I bet their offices are filled with fuzzy bunnies and cuddly hamsters.

3. OH no doubt I'd buy more games at that price point, almost every chance I got. There have been so many games that I haven't bought yet because the price is still at/close to full price. Me not having too much extra spending money for games makes those games off-limits, especially when I can get two for the same price.

4. nice price. Lets not kid ourselves, i was going to buy those games anyhow, but i agree that 30.00 definitly makes me a little less frugal. now if only i could actually get hours in a day to play the gmaes it would be doubly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Wow, I hope this pans out. Being on a budget, $30 for games as high quality as Paper Mario or Metroid Prime would be very, very nice.

6. I'm not sure if Star Fox is even worth it at $30. Might have to take a wait and see on that game. Other two are definite buys no matter the cost.

$30's the price of their Platinum Hit series, right?

I have a very difficult time believing Nintendo will release new games at the same price.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    $30's the price of their Platinum Hit series, right?

I have a very difficult time believing Nintendo will release new games at the same price.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too... but they've experienced such increased sales from the GC hardware at $99, maybe they finally put 2 and 2 together and realize people (HUGE REVELATION FORTHCOMING) like affordable products (*gasp!*).

But, yeah, WTF is up with their half-assed greatest hits pricing? And why haven't they done a GH line for GBA? They had one for the original Game Boy.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 16 Jul 2004 at 08:29 AM.

9. $30 is a good deal, IF I CARE about the game Let see if Nintendo will have something of interest to ME to offer.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    $30 is a good deal, IF I CARE about the game Let see if Nintendo will have something of interest to ME to offer.
    I like you and all, Despair, but I can't imagine a scenario in which anyone that sat down with Paper Mario 2 wouldn't have a blast. And MP2's setting is dark and claustrophic, that should be right up your alley.

We're all entitled to our tastes, but yours is wrong.