Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why the hell does Mohammed Ali get trotted out in every public event?

1. His daughter is cool because she buys stuff from us.

2. he still gets props because of the whole civil rights aura around him and how people think its really pc to buy into that kind of shit these days.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I saw his stuff at the All-Star game, and it was just tear-jerking to see him shake endlessly, although seeing him throw those punches was kind of neat.
    Why don't you marry him.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Why don't you marry him.

5. Alright, I'm gonna come out and say it.

Fuck Andy Kaufman.

The shit he pulled wasn't funny then, and it isn't funny now.

He peaked on Taxi, then became a nuisance to eveybody so he and a buddy could have a laugh while the joke was on the audience, and they were never clued in.

Good one.

Comic genius my fucking ass. Dave Chappelle he was not.

(Just thought I'd say that because everybody kisses his ass because he is dead and because Jim Carrey starred in a sappy movie about him)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    (Just thought I'd say that because everybody kisses his ass because he is dead and because Jim Carrey starred in a sappy movie about him)
    He's not dead.
    Time for a change

7. I don't know, man. But he's dead now so you don't have to worry about it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. And fuck this guy right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Alright, I'm gonna come out and say it.

Fuck Andy Kaufman.

The shit he pulled wasn't funny then, and it isn't funny now.

He peaked on Taxi, then became a nuisance to eveybody so he and a buddy could have a laugh while the joke was on the audience, and they were never clued in.

Good one.

Comic genius my fucking ass. Dave Chappelle he was not.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. My opinion on this never really changed. Especially when he got trotted out after Obama got elected.

10. I wish Trump had trotted out Andy Kaufman on his election night.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.