Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new Videocard, which should i get?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Its all depends on how much money are you willing to spend on this.

If you have high budget, and would want the best, then go with x800 pro or xt or newest Nvidia.

But if you on the lower budget end, 9800 Pro or XT would be more than enough to run Doom 3.

And it will be a wise investment. I wish 9800 Pros were cheaper last year when I was building my current rig (I went with 9700 Pro). Oh well, next year, I will get better one

i think Radeon X800 XT is my choice, the problem is finding one. i'm gonna shop around and see what's available in my area.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    And it will be a wise investment. I wish 9800 Pros were cheaper last year when I was building my current rig (I went with 9700 Pro). Oh well, next year, I will get better one
    I still have my 9700 pro, and it still kicks ass.

Hell, my 9500 Pro still kicks ass.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Mizzo, can't you move this to The Circuit Board?

5. If I had $500 or whatever, Id go with a 6800.

6. If I had the money to spend I would go with the ATI card the X800, personally from my experience through the years with different cards from Nvidia and ATI on the same monitor, ATI just has the overall better image quality. I'm not talking FPS or polygon pushing I mean how nice the image looks on the monitor. Right now I have a 9600 Pro 128mb card so far it's run everything very nicely, we will see how it handles doom 3.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    With either you'll be able to run Doom 3 in it's full glory.
    not true. the hardware required for the extreme detail setting isnt even available yet. yes it will run and look great on current cards but in no way will it run in its "full glory".

id get a 6800 non pro (best bang for the buck) but if your strapped for cash get a 9800pro. if money is no object stick with Nvidia (being that the game uses OpenGL) , get a 6800gt and overclock it.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    If I had $500 or whatever, Id go with a 6800.
    a 6800 is only $289. the only $500 cards are the 6800ultra ($600) and the x800pro/xt's max out at $480.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    If I had the money to spend I would go with the ATI card the X800, personally from my experience through the years with different cards from Nvidia and ATI on the same monitor, ATI just has the overall better image quality. I'm not talking FPS or polygon pushing I mean how nice the image looks on the monitor. Right now I have a 9600 Pro 128mb card so far it's run everything very nicely, we will see how it handles doom 3.
    doom 3 will make it cry if your planning on doing anything over 1024*768.

8. those suck for gaming theyre basically workstation cards for desktops.

You know, I've never played a PC game at anything higher than 1024*768.

Should I be? Wouldn't the icons just be too damn small?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery