Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need a new Videocard, which should i get?

1. A lot of them have different icons for different resolutions

2. its amazing the things you see when you get past 1024*768.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    its amazing the things you see when you get past 1024*768.
    absolutely.. also you HAVE to use anisotropy filtering. I have it on 8X for every game I play. Surprisingly i see no performance hit at all but a great load of visual improvement. I don't bother with anti-aliasing myself as I just use a high res with anisotropy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    good joke!

5. woohoo, i finally bought the Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra.....can't wait to get my hands on Doom 3 and Half-Life 2

6. Dude, you got infinite income or what?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Dude, you got infinite income or what?

i wish!

8. If by any chance a game does chug along with that card, remove the 8x aa to 4x aa. All the tests I have seeen give it a massive performance hit.

9. I never use AA. I dont understand why anyone would bother. Wanna get rid of jaggies?? Just use a higher res!! I think using AF is more impressive because you immediately see the difference in video quality. I personally use 1280 x 960 res with 8X anisotropy filtering. You get a nice res and the AF has almost no effect on frame rate.

10. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    I never use AA. I dont understand why anyone would bother. Wanna get rid of jaggies?? Just use a higher res!! I think using AF is more impressive because you immediately see the difference in video quality. I personally use 1280 x 960 res with 8X anisotropy filtering. You get a nice res and the AF has almost no effect on frame rate.
    I completely agree.