Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Ren and Stimpy

1. Ren and Stimpy

This time in season set form! -
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1902

Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Ren and Stimpy fans who missed out on last year's Time-Life offerings can rejoice! Paramount has quietly let retailers know that Ren and Stimpy - The Complete 1st & 2nd Seasons will be available to sell in-stores on October 12!

Over 30 episodes will be present on this release: "Stimpy's Big Day", "The Big Shot", "Stimpy's Storybook Land: Robin Hoek", "Nurse Stimpy", "Space Madness", "The Boy Who Cried 'Rat!'", "Fire Dogs", "Stimpy's Storybook Land: The Littlest Giant", "Marooned", "Untamed World", "Black Hole", "Stimpy's Invention", "In the Army", "Powdered Toastman", "Ren's Toothache", "Big House Blues", "Out West", "Rubber Nipple Salesmen", "Sven Hoek", "Mad Dog Hoek", "Haunted House", "Big Baby Scam", "Dog Show", "Son of Stimpy", "Monkey See, Monkey Don't", "Fake Dad", "The Great Outdoors", "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball", "Stimpy's Fan Club", "A Visit to Anthony", and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen".

For those of us who managed to get the short-lived direct sale offering before Time-Life's rights (quickly) expired, there's still good reason to also get the new set. Besides 10 episodes that weren't on the old discs ("Mad Dog Hoek", "Haunted House", "Big Baby Scam", "Son of Stimpy", "Monkey See, Monkey Don't", "Fake Dad", "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball", "Stimpy's Fan Club", "A Visit to Anthony", and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen"), Paramount's release will also have these extras:

Audio Commentary
    Featurette
    Image Gallery

Neat add-ons that make it worth adding this to your collection, eh? Something else that would make it worthwhile is if these turn out to be the completely unedited versions of each short. As an example, in the episode "Powdered Toastman", a document is burned in the fireplace, making a joke out of the ignorance of "PTM" when he unwittingly shoves it in. Originally the paper was identifiable as the U.S. Constitution by the words "We The People" at the top, but on the Time-Life DVDs it is only a blank piece of paper. This is just one example of the edits this show has seen, both for broadcast and on the old DVDs. C'mon, Paramount...give us the unedited, original versions of each cartoon!

The running time is listed at 418 minutes, and pricing info isn't yet available. Nor is cover art, but we expect to have that reasonably soon. Stay tuned for more! In the meantime, recite the oath: "I do hereby promise only to watch the Ren & Stimpy Show..."
    I can't wait to get these DVDs, just to see if this show is still watchable in marathon-viewing form.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Oh, excuse me while I change my pants.

3. VH1 likes to show this from time to time.

I don't think it's stood the test of time at all =\
    Play Guitar Hero //

4. Thank god, this is great news! The Time Life sets were going for over 100 dollars on ebay! I like the old Ren and Stimpy way better than the new ones that came out on Spike TV.

5. About friggen time. I used to have most of the old un-cut Nickelodeon episodes on laser-disc several years ago, and was half-way thinking of tracking down a working player and finding these again (along with the Star Wars collection and the original version of AKIRA) to *ahem* "back-up" and burn to DVD.

Now I'll have to wait and see how this and the Star Wars set turns out.

6. Ooh, cover art..

Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    VH1 likes to show this from time to time.

I don't think it's stood the test of time at all =\
    Yeah, they're really not as funny as I thought they were. I guess I was dumber back then.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Zenigata
    Ooh, cover art..

OOOHHHH UNCUT!!!! I am getting this the day it comes out!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Yeah, they're really not as funny as I thought they were. I guess I was dumber back then.
    I remember laughing hysterically at the Log commercials...

Still getting the box set....Oct. 12 is a long as fuck wait though :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. Uncut eps- Great, nice cover art as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan