Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The official TNL ESPN Football 2K5 league thread

1. Xbox The official TNL ESPN Football 2K5 league thread

Confirmed players as of 7/29 (13 Teams already!)

Astral
    Critical Overdrive
    Flamble
    GameCynic
    g0zen
    Hot Like Wasabi
    Korly
    Master
    Rich
    Six
    Videodrone
    Xeno G
    Yoshi

Game: ESPN 2K5
    System: Xbox

Expected layers (current count: 12-13):

Astral
    -xbl name: Rudy2078
    -team: Panthers

dave is ok
    -xbl name: davestator
    -team: NE

Flamble
    -xbl name: Flamble
    -team: Detroit

GameCynic
    -xbl name: GameCynic
    -team: Seatle

Hot Like Wasabi
    -xbl name: Hot Like Wasabi
    -team: Oakland

Korly
    -xbl name: Korly
    -team: NYJ

Machine50
    -xbl name: The Machine 50
    -team: ?

Rich
    -xbl name: RichD1
    -team: ?
    Six
    -xbl name: ElginCon
    -team: Arizona

SFAfan01
    -xbl name: Delorean121
    -team: Tennesse

Xeno G
    -xbl name: Xeno G
    -team: Cleveland

Videodrone
    -xbl name: LeonKennedyRPD
    -team: Green Bay

Yoshi
    -xbl name: D8onaUSA
    -team: Dallas

This thread is regarding an ESPN Football 2K5 league over XBL. Anybody interested in joining the league please let me know in this thread or by pm. Please, only sign up if you are truly interested in playing the whole set season.

TEAMS
    Teams will be drafted in a fantasy type fashion. It will be later determined by what means the draft will occur. (Most likely a Yahoo Fantasy League).

TRADES/FREE AGENCY
    Trades and free agent pick-ups are aloud. It again will be later determined how this will occur.

INJURYS
    Injuries in games/real life will not be taken into account.

GAME TIMES
    Game times will be decided upon by the opponents. If the game is NOT completed by Midnight Thursday of the scheduled week, a time must be agreed upon and reported to the commissioner. If there are problems agreeing on a time, the commissioner will moderate.
    A request for reschedule of an agreed upon time must be received by the commissioner 24 hours prior to the set game time. If a request is received less than 24 hours or a player fails to be online for a set match time, it will be the non-reschedules determination wither their opponent forfeits. All games MUST be completed and reported by Midnight Saturday.

GAME LENGTH
    Four, six minute quarters.

VOICE CHAT
    Xbox Live Head Set Communicator is required. For the most part we all know each other. Let's have fun with this.

STATS
    At the end of the game all required stats, from your team, must be written down and reported to the Commissioner.

This is to keep track of the respective players for their position in:

Running Backs: Total Yards rushing, Rushing Attempts, Touchdowns, Fumbles.
    Quarterbacks: Yards passing, Passes attempted, Passes completed, Touchdowns, Interceptions
    Wide Receivers: Yards Receiving, Receptions, Touchdowns
    Defense: Interceptions, fumbles recovered, Sacks, Total Tackles
    Kickers: Makes, Attempts, Long
    Punters: Punts, Punt yardage, Inside the 20
    Punt and Kick returners: Yards, Number of Returns, Touchdowns, and Yards per return

It's a pain, but should only take five minutes. I will track all stats on a league website.

QB MOVEMENT
    There is no limit to the QB rolling out of the pocket. No limit to scrambling. The QB cannot drop back for more than 10 yards from the spot that the QB receives the snap. So at shotgun, a QB can be possibly be 14-16 yards behind the LOS, and when receiving a center snap, the QB will be 10 yards behind the LOS.

PLAYER SUBSITUTUIONS
    Packages are allowed, but keep the match ups fair. Example; don’t put your #1 receiver (your best) in the #3 receiver slot, etc.

·Acceptable Packages include: HB at WR, HB at FB, 2 HB's & 0 FB's, you get the point.

·Unacceptable packages include: HB at TE, WR at HB, WR at TE

NO HUDDLE OFFENSE
    This can be used at any time, if you are down by 10 or more points and the clock is running. Anyone may use it during the final one-minute during the 2nd quarter and the clock is running. If you are winning, there is no logical reason to use the hurry up, this is not real life, and the “no huddle” days have passed in the NFL for the time being. If you use the “No Huddle”, you must audible your plays. No repeating the same play over and over. .

RUNNING UP THE SCORE
    If you have a big lead (28 or more points), please run the damn ball. It’s called respect.

SHIFTING ON OFFENSE AND AUDIBLES
    There will be no motions on every single play on offense! Shifting the WR back and forth to lose the DB is not allowed. If you do decide to motion any player , that player must be set before you can snap the ball You cannot throw to a HB/FB who motions out of the backfield. Limit your audible’s to 1 time per play and it MUST be done at the line of scrimmage, not immediately after breaking the huddle. And audibly to the same play over and over will not be tolerated. There is no audibling into or out of a Special Play.

4TH DOWN SITUATIONS

It’s the coach’s call when he wants to go for it on 4th down. If you are up by 28 or more points, you must punt or FG. You can only use the Goal Line Offense or Defense inside your opponent’s 10-yard line.

HOT ROUTES, BUMP N RUN, AND PLAYMAKER FEATURE

All allowed, No restrictions.

LOB PASSES
    These are allowed. No restrictions.

CLOCK MANAGEMENT
    We are not playing 15-minute quarters. There is nothing more boring than watching the clock tick. All plays must be executed on or before 15 seconds remaining on the play clock. If you are coming out of time out, penalty, or injury, disregard the 15-second rule.

You can only start killing time with 3min left in the game.

STACKING THE LINE
    Absolutely not allowed.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER MOVEMENT, PRIOR TO THE SNAP
    You cannot manually move one individual player prior to the snap. Line shifts, LB shifts and DB shifts are permitted. One exception; if the offense shifts a WR/TE or flips play, you may move one player to follow that shifting player.

FAKE PUNTS/FIELD GOALS
    You may only fake punts and field goals when you are in your opponent’s territory (inside the 50 yard line).

FIELD GOAL AND PUNT BLOCKING
    You may try and block all you want, but no “stacking the line”.

BLITZING
    No rules against blitzing.

ONSIDE KICKS
    This can only be used if you are losing by 28 points or more at anytime or losing by any margin in the 4th quarter.
    Last edited by Videodrone; 30 Jul 2004 at 11:32 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    -How to set game times. Do you want to have set times upfront? Or would you rather work something out with that week’s opponent and have it approved by the commissioner?
    I'd rather work it out with that week's opponent and have it approved. Give us a 4-5 day span when the game could be played and go from there.

-Would you rather this a casual league (default online rosters) or a sim league(factoring in in-game injuries)?
    I'd be for a sim league but it's not that important to me, so whatever.

Of course, I've got no experience in this kind of thing. So I'll be learning as we go. Are we going to each pick a team and stick with 'em or what?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. I might be up for it. Depends on the times you all feel like playing. I would be an easy win for anyone too.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Pencil me in, should have the game by the week's end. I'm down for working out times with opponent. Are we doing real teams, created teams, etc? If we are using real teams I would suggest no created characters on the team. If we are doing created teams then the whole team should be created, no real players. Thats just my opinion though. League type doesn't matter to me either.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

Are you planning a fantasy-style draft to start things off? I'd rather not have the team chosen decide who the winner is to a large extent.

Also, I would be all for a casual league. I have to deal with injuries in fantasy. I'd rather actually have the team I draft in my games.

6. I'm Interested. I like the Idea of setting up your own game with that week's opponet through pm's or on the thread. Are you going to have to be the same team every week and what kind of rules will you have for substitutions on kick offs and punt returns? A lot of those factors make big difference.

7. I think we should stick with the same team every week.

I'm gonna be the Jets. Pencil me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    I think we should stick with the same team every week.

I'm gonna be the Jets. Pencil me in.
    This is what I am asking. I think you should be able to be the Jets but that all of the players should be drafted fantasy-style. Under that scenario, I am taking Dallas, BTW.

9. I have a nice run-down of gameplay rules that I have accumulated from a few different Leagues. I'll post when I get home.

As most people have stated, I would prefer having a fantasy type draft. Same team every week. In this senario how do you guys feel about trades and free agency?
    I think the best way to handle the draft, trades and free agency is to setup a yahoo fantasy league to simple manage roster.

I'm all for setting your own game times. I will draw up rules for that too.

As I stated earlier I will put play rules up tonight. Let me know your thought on the league rules.

Since I am currently sitting 5-10 from Lambeau Field, I'm calling the Pack.

Others call your teams now. First come/First Serve.

10. You would have to have a total fantasy draft, for instance dave is going to use the pats, the pats will probably be pretty unstoppable. Last year it was miami with ricky williams and their defense. If you knew just how to use them no one could beat you. I have no problem being the same team as my opponent at least I know when I lose It was on their skill and not on total advantage.