Page 1 of 55 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice League Unlimited

1. Justice League Unlimited

I know there's a bunch of JL and comic fans on here. If you haven't heard episode 49 will be the last of one of the Justice League animated series
    They will be renaming/spinning off the show as Justice League Unlimited where they expand and they exponentially increase the team's roster. Basically, this is a way to showcase some of the lesser known DC heroes. I like the anthology aspect but I really enjoyed the original 7 heroes in JL and I don't how all these random heroes will gel as a team. The DC animated shows have always been great so I'll definitely be checking this out.

They released the synopis of the first five eps:
    Saturday, July 31: "Initiation"
    A reluctant Green Arrow is asked to join the new Justice League. He, Supergirl and Captain Atom are dispatched on a mission to stop a rampaging nuclear monster in Asia.

Saturday, Aug. 7: "For the Man Who Has Everything"
    Batman and Wonder Woman surprise Superman at the Fortress of Solitude in order to bring the Man of Steel his birthday present. But when they arrive, he has been immobilized by a special "gift" that Mongul has delivered to him.

Saturday, Aug. 14: "Hawk and Dove"
    Two siblings, one a pacifist and the other more aggressive, join Wonder Woman in a mission to stop a war between two neighbors. It turns out that the escalation of the conflict is all part of Ares' plan to spread misery.

Saturday, Aug. 21: "Fearful Symmetry"
    When Supergirl begins having some very disturbing dreams, she gets help from Green Arrow and The Question to figure out what is happening. It turns out she may not be dreaming after all.

Saturday, Aug. 28: "Kids' Stuff"
    Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are transformed into 8-year-olds in a desperate attempt to save the world from the magic of Mordred.

The premiere episode starts on July 31, 8:30pm EST.

More info at http://www.jlanimated.com/
    Last edited by soundwave; 19 Jul 2004 at 02:28 AM.

2. No one cares

I'm just playing. That August 28 episode sounds like an instant classsic
    Last edited by dave is ok; 19 Jul 2004 at 01:34 AM.

3. The Question?! The who in the what now?

Is this going to be the old Green Arrow or the new one? The new one would likely be a better fit but the old one could easily add one hell of a new dynamic to the show. Honestly though, so long as most of the original creative team is retained, I couldn't care one way or the other, so long as we get to see Hawkgirl again.

4. This does look promising. I'm hoping Green Arrow is a major character in this series, he's right behind Batman as my favorite in the DC universe. I really hope they don't float around too much with all the different superheroes. Having a core group of 12 or so (not all of 'em have to be in each ep but they should make up the core of the cast) with a couple of add-ons every week would work out best IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    No one cares
    You are wrong.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. I'm all for more 3-part eps too, as an hour is far too little time to get any real drama in. Also I hope they keep up the good work that Starcrossed stared, gearing it to an older audience and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShineAqua
    The Question?! The who in the what now?
    The Question is from that other comic book company that DC swallowed up long ago... same place Blue Beetle came from.

As a matter of fact, all the characters from Alan Moore's Watchmen are based on those old characters. Night Owl is based on Blue Beetle, and Rorschach is based on the Question.

I believe he was a reporter who used this weird gas to change into the Question. It's been a while.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    The Question is from that other comic book company that DC swallowed up long ago... same place Blue Beetle came from.

As a matter of fact, all the characters from Alan Moore's Watchmen are based on those old characters. Night Owl is based on Blue Beetle, and Rorschach is based on the Question.

I believe he was a reporter who used this weird gas to change into the Question. It's been a while.
    Impact was the name of the co, IIRC. but wow, that quite a bit of trivia, thanks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ShineAqua
    Impact was the name of the co, IIRC. but wow, that quite a bit of trivia, thanks.
    The !mpact comics line was after The Watchmen and started in the 90s. Blue Beetle has been around since the 1939 and was part of Charlton and Americomics 'til DC bought the copyright. The Question first appeared in a Blue Beetle comic: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comi...topic=question

Charlton, that sounds right. There was also Kung Fu Master, Peacekeeper, and Nightshade.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Interesting

Saturday, Aug. 7: "For the Man Who Has Everything"
    Batman and Wonder Woman surprise Superman at the Fortress of Solitude in order to bring the Man of Steel his birthday present. But when they arrive, he has been immobilized by a special "gift" that Mongul has delivered to him.
    WOW that is the exact name and description of a really old Superman comic, it was this crazy ass plant

I wonder if its based on that comic it has to be thats fucking awesome I have to see that episode
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.