Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1up Gaming Blogs

1. Wow, Sl1p 3 weblogs? Wouldn't it be better to just cram all 3 into one awesome one? Makes sense.

2. ,,,

No. No it wouldn't!

One is about me.
    One is to talk about video games so that it dosen't take over the first one.
    The last one is a community for people like me who enjoy underage anime girls. 60 MEMBERS AND GROWING~!! XD
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. http://canti.1up.com/

4. Everyone who writes a web blog should start it with the following phrase:

"Dear Diary, this is a big waste of time, I probably have no life, job, or any prospects in my future."
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Hey Jeremy, your Lupin av looks all weird and stretched out on your 1up blog.

Put your real mug up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Everyone who writes a web blog should start it with the following phrase:

"Dear Diary, this is a big waste of time, I probably have no life, job, or any prospects in my future."
    Don't troll my thread, douchebag.
    Last edited by sleeve; 21 Jul 2004 at 03:49 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Sorry, But I just don't see the point of blogs. Anyway, does anybody else hate 1ups new media intensive design? Everything uses expansive mouseovers, which is annoying to begin with (i have to open something up in order to just go somewhere I want to go), but the actual checker long-johns-esque design look is ugly. I dislike it and wanted to see other peoples opinions on the new look.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Start your own thread then, or may I suggest visiting Got-Next's thread on this scintillating subject.

This thread is for discussing 1up blogs only.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. http://ashen victor.1up.com/ (there's a space between my name.)

i've got a blog elsewhere, but i might think about writing in this one too. for now i use it to keep track of my games.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Sorry, But I just don't see the point of blogs. Anyway, does anybody else hate 1ups new media intensive design? Everything uses expansive mouseovers, which is annoying to begin with (i have to open something up in order to just go somewhere I want to go), but the actual checker long-johns-esque design look is ugly. I dislike it and wanted to see other peoples opinions on the new look.
    Blogs are great. Of course, the signal:noise ratio is ridiculously bad, but in the right hands, they are an incredible tool and bring journalism, and op-ed, and all that, to everybody. Blogs are a large-scale communication/social tool - in other words, theyre exactly what the internet should be all about! If you browse some of the big weblogs (start with http://www.instapundit.com), you can see some great work being done. Nowadays, its not uncommon for big news/scoops to come from weblogs before big media.

And yea, I hate 1up's design. Its just a nightmare. All that flash/mouseover bullshit makes it really chuggy, slow, and unresponsive.