Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else bothered by Square's choice of voice talents for Kingdom hearts?

1. Anyone else bothered by Square's choice of voice talents for Kingdom hearts?

Info from IGN,gameforms,gamers.com etc..: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/359/359415p1.html

"In a press release issued today, Square Co. Ltd. and Disney Interactive announced the English voice cast for Kingdom Hearts, the upcoming 3D action-RPG that blends the characters of both companies into a single adventure. It's a star-studded list, headed by Sixth Sense lead Haley Joel Osment, who will play the young hero Sora. Sora's close friend Riku will be played by Seventh Heaven's David Gallagher, and Hayden Panettiere (from Remember the Titans) provides the voice of the third original lead, Kairi.
    Other roles will be played by Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings), David Boreanaz (Angel), Mandy Moore (A Walk To Remember), Christy Romano (Even Stevens), and NSYNC's Lance Bass. "

I don't know about you, but these are some of the last people I want to hear blabbing throughout what looks to be a very fun game. I really hate when companies will use the flavor of the month(In this case, last month) actors in their games. Some of you may not be bothered by this, but I am. I really hope they have a Japanese voice track option, otherwise this game is gonna be a semi-painful game to play.

2. Yea, a star-studded list. Like I could give a rat's ass. I wonder if they bothered taking into consideration how well they fit the characters. I certainly can't tell from here, but Square USA's shown nothing to make me feel comfortable about it, either.

In any case, so long as they get Disney to do the Disney characters, I couldn't care less about how badly Square wants their characters to sound (as they've shown they don't), because I don't really care about most of the ones in Kingdom Hearts.

3. I don't mind that much, at least we can tell who did them but if they do a good job, it's cool. If not then I guess it just won't work, but SSX Tricky did have stars doing voices to their characters and I thought it went very well, especially David Arquette for Eddie Wachowzki.

4. Mandy Moore? N*Sync? I feel my "too cool for you" anti-bubblegum pop sentiments bubbling to the surface. YUCK. I WANT THEM OUT OF MY GAMES.

Golgo 13 Guest
    lame.

6. I'd axe Mandy Moore and Lance Bass, but I think the presence of Haley Joel Osmet and Sean Astin balances it all out (I only liked Sean Astin in The Goonies and Lord of the Rings, but that's fine and dandy for me).

EDIT: I just noticed that David Gallagher's in it. MUST CRUSH SQUARE!

7. How can you complain about something you have not even heard yet?
    Give them the benefit of the doubt.

8. Originally posted by Regus
    Why complain about something you have not even heard yet?
    The problem is, I have heard. Most people have heard their voices at some time or another. There's no chance of Haley blah blah whatever's voice being non-irritating.

9. Originally posted by Regus
    How can you complain about something you have not even heard yet?
    Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Like Rob said, yes we all have. Aside from the 6th sense kid and "Rudy" none of the rest are even good at acting as themselves, let alone trying to voice random Square characters. Also, I think thr 6th sense kid's voice sounds way to young to fit the main character. I'm fine with "Rudy" so long as I don't have to see his face.

Once again, I really hope they have a Japanese voice option. They gave it to us in the Bouncer, but not for FFX so who can say if they will. Hopefully they won't pull a Konami with this(Same goes to Namco's localization of Xenosaga).

10. To tell you the truth, I much rather have overexposed celebrities over random b-actors, provided that they can actually act of course.