Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Village" Official Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SearchManX
    The people living in the village are actually teh dead!
    I suppose that's a possible scenario but after the Sixth Sense I'd hope it would be something more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Streisand dressed as NA squo Is frightening

Korian, I want to see this, but I got too much to do around the house (with house painting and all), that I barely have time to breathe
    Come on Despair Don't let your Friend spoil it for you, it's much more fun to be shocked yourself.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Lobo
    They're native americans.
    Heh - I thought of this a couple days ago, but all of Night's recent films have a supernatural element. This theory feels too mundane to me.....unless you mean skinwalkers (shape-shifting shamans) or something.

The official press release calls them "mystical creatures", and I don't see any reason to expect they're anything but exactly that. Haley Joel Osment said he saw dead people in previews for The Sixth Sense, and crop circles like the ones in Signs are often attributed to aliens.

I think the creatures of The Village have something to do with 18th-19th century legends - trolls or goblins of some type. Each of Night's last three films deal with a myth that he makes into reality (ghosts, superhero, aliens), and I don't think that trend will change. His last three films have made $1.3 billion - why go away from what's been bringing results? I also expect there to be more preachy morality, but hopefully not to the level of Signs.

But we'll know soon enough. Perhaps it'll be something completely new. In any case, I'm looking forward to The Village a lot - not only is the cast great and the premise very intriguing, but I think Night's films have gotten progressively better.

edit - I also doubt the people of The Village are dead.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    By the end of the movie, I am sure some of them will be

Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    Heh - I thought of this a couple days ago, but all of Night's recent films have a supernatural element. This theory feels too mundane to me.....unless you mean skinwalkers (shape-shifting shamans) or something.

The official press release calls them "mystical creatures", and I don't see any reason to expect they're anything but exactly that. Haley Joel Osment said he saw dead people in previews for The Sixth Sense, and crop circles like the ones in Signs are often attributed to aliens.

I think the creatures of The Village have something to do with 18th-19th century legends - trolls or goblins of some type. Each of Night's last three films deal with a myth that he makes into reality (ghosts, superhero, aliens), and I don't think that trend will change. His last three films have made $1.3 billion - why go away from what's been bringing results? I also expect there to be more preachy morality, but hopefully not to the level of Signs.

But we'll know soon enough. Perhaps it'll be something completely new. In any case, I'm looking forward to The Village a lot - not only is the cast great and the premise very intriguing, but I think Night's films have gotten progressively better.

Yes "Mythical Creatures" I'm hoping will be some sort of Sasquatch/Bigfoot type of Angle, with the moral being we must share the woods with them,and the creatures are actually trying to help the people in the Village of a oncoming Danger. It could go a number of ways, but something about the color "Red" from the previews seems to play an important role.

5. well if red attracts them......they have to be bull men!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Dude, it's Barbara Streisand.
    It could be Mecha Streisand
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    By the end of the movie, I am sure some of them will be
    Good one, Despair..

As for M. Night's movies getting better? I disagree, Signs was very lacking... it had some suspense but just felt like it fell flat on its face. We saw one alien that was a guy in a rubber suit... no twists like Sixth Sense/Unbreakable...

Sixth Sense > Unbreakable > Signs

I sure hope The Village breaks this declining trend...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

8. Dead Aliens, who can't be re killed....

9. It's all about drugs, the Village people unknowingly digest hallugens and just THINK there's monsters.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Hey guys, lets roleplay. I'm an alien who's only true poison is water. Everyone got that? Okay, now I have this awesome idear, what we can do is use our extreme technology to invade a planet that's 70% comprised of what we are deathly alergic too, and try to enslave a race that's made up almost entirely of water. It's crazy! But I think it could work!

Now I'm expecting two or three casualties, and don't forget about sophisticated guns and technology, our species, despite reaching interstellar flight, acts and reacts to situations like locked doors with puzzlement. I don't think the humans have doors anyway. Like I said, it's a crazy idea and makes no sense whatsoever!

M. Night is a talented director, but he's a shitty writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."