Thread: Hot Deals section..

1. Hot Deals section..

How about a "Hot Deals" section for the Circuit Board. For those who finds deals on electronics for the computer, home entertainment, etc.

2. Well, the thing about that is that there's numerous places to buy electronics at wholesale or really cheap prices -- I could see a mega thread with links to online stores/addresses of retail outlets/etc, but honestly I'd predict seeing essentially the same threads with the same info keep popping up if it had its own forum.

3. Well, I didnt mean wholesale items. I meant mainly from stores such as Circuit City, Best Buy with deals on certain items that would be useful to some users. For instance, the 80GB external harddrive for $70 after rebates @ CC.

O well, if you see its not fit than so it is..you're the boss

4. I think the deal forum in GD handles this fine... again, when you split up things too much it just becomes too fractured. Its like if you always keep your glasses in one spot, and then you decide to put them in one of two spots, and then you can never remember which, and it becomes a hassle.

People need to stop thinking of more forums just for the sake of more forums.

5. the circuit board isnt all that busy that elecronics deals can't just go in there. i think it's fine the way it is.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    How about a "Hot Deals" section for the Circuit Board. For those who finds deals on electronics for the computer, home entertainment, etc.
    Not enough people use the Hot Deals board on the main page as it is.

It worked alot better when it was the Official Discount Thread and was on the main page, I think.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Not enough people use the Hot Deals board on the main page as it is.

It worked alot better when it was the Official Discount Thread and was on the main page, I think.

Agreed. Nobody sees it. I used to posted stuff in there because people would always see it when they entered the site, now it's almost non-existant.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Agreed. Nobody sees it. I used to posted stuff in there because people would always see it when they entered the site, now it's almost non-existant.
    Exactly. I try to post stuff in there when I can, but it quickly gets shadowed over and nobody really sees it.

Let's bring back the discount thread...
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)