Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gley Lancer

Gley Lancer

Anyone played this Mega Drive shooter?

It quite good. You like it.

2. Hell yeah.

I've only played it via emulation, as a poor, non-MD owning Genesis fan. It's easily in my top 5 favorite MD imports.

Cheesy voice, good music, nice weapons, stylin' graphics; it has it all.

3. It's a decent little game. Put out by the same developers who did Macross 2036, Cho Aniki, and Wings of Wor. *-neo

Yeah, NCS did kick ass back then for action games. Devil Hunter Yoko is one of my Mega Drive favorites.

5. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Yeah, NCS did kick ass back then for action games. Devil Hunter Yoko is one of my Mega Drive favorites.
    Forgot all about Devil Hunter Yoko, I still have to try that game...

Sublibiman 3 (bah my crap spelling) for PCE-CD is a really nice game too, it has the feel of a Treasure or Neo Geo action game. Too bad it's one of the easist games ever made. *-neo

I was thinking about getting Shubibiman 3. It looks good but I didn't really like the second game which seemed like a mediocre Megaman clone.

7. Shubibiman? Didn't they rename one of them Shockman for the U.S.? Didn't like it very much. Didn't even know it was made by NCS/Masaya.

My favorite games of theirs are the Warsong/Langrisser series.

I think Shockman = Shubibiman 2 but I'm not 100% certain.

9. Still have to pick up Shockman for the Turbo collection, though the mixed reviews has raised some doubts.

The third game really shouldn't be like the second. The characters have a more anime look instead of the super deformed art of part two. The character's main weapons are swords which can release a bolt of energy if you hold the attack button. The game reminds me of Top Hunter or Gunstar Heroes with both cartoonish and detailed evil looking enemies. The game also has a bit of Strider in it as you are constantly running through a new area, fighting a new enemy or doing a new play mode. Downfalls, it's short the game actually feels like three long levels and you will beat it the first time through.

And about Gley Lancer, last time I checked this was another of those $100+ Mega Drive titles. Yipes. *-neo

$100! Damn. I rented Gley Lancer and Devil Hunter Yoko back in the day and now they're so damn expensive!

Oh well, I find Mega Drive every once in a while at thrift stores so I refuse to spend much on MD games.