Thread: "Advanced Releases"

1. "Advanced Releases"

For me this summer will always be remembered as the summer of advanced albums. They seem to be everywhere. First it was Faint, then Dillenger Escape plan. Add to the list Minus the Bear, Taking Back Sunday and the new Interpol LP. Most recent? Hot Water Music, Converge, The Hives, The Good Life and Blood Brothers (unfinished stuff, but still very cool).

Now, it never really hit me until I stumbled upon this jewel. It really suprised me because I was not even aware an album was coming out by em this year, let alone getting an advance this early. What might you ask?

The Mother Fucking Man Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Albums called Shake the Sheets and is currently being downloaded as I type.

Anyway, I am fully enjoying these CDs, all which I plan to purchase or have purchased. But I was wondering what you guys think of advanced releases and the power they have to make or destroy an album before it is ever released?
    your mom

2. I like how the Interpol leak helped me wait less to be let down. In general I feel it's like sneaking a peek at presents before Christmas. Never was one for that.
    Last edited by Punky Skunk; 28 Jul 2004 at 09:54 PM.

3. Dude, you have to get me the Ted Leo album. I'm serious. He is oe of my favorite artists ever. Please. I know I sounds desperate and pathetic... because I am. Please.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

4. check out http://www.indietorrents.com/browse.php

Let me know if that works.
    your mom

5. I can't use a torrent on the computer I'm on. It's my sister's. Mine is currently dead.

6. Is the Hives new album any good? I want someone else's opinion before I buy it.

And Dillinger's Escape Plan, aren't they hardcore metal? I've only heard of them by name, but never actually heard their music.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Raz0r
    And Dillinger's Escape Plan, aren't they hardcore metal? I've only heard of them by name, but never actually heard their music.
    DEP play technical hardcore more akin to metal than punk, a fact that has gained them quite a few fans outside of the hardcore scene.

In fact, DEP is the only hardcore band that I enjoy, and I know many metal fans that feel the same way. If you appreciate complex musicianship and extreme music, I suggest giving DEP a shot by listening to their two full length albums, "Calculating Infinity" and "Miss Machine."

8. Yeah, wee summed them up pretty well. Personally, I am a fan of the band, but I really cant handle them. I mean, I listen and think, yeah, this is good, but I can barely make it through one song.
    your mom

9. Mman, check your PMs.