Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 new critical flaws in mozilla

It may sound ironic, but this is just a sign that it's getting more popular. The more people using Mozilla products, the more people there are to scrutinize or take advantage of exploints with the code. It's still safer to use than IE at the moment, but it just goes to show how a little popularity is all that's needed to take your favorite software product out of its secure comfort zone.
    Taking it one day at a time.

2. I have FireFox .9 and I think it's shit. It's locked up on me more in the last week than .8 did in all the time I had it. God forbid I open a site that has an ad on it. I end up losing all my windows and having to open a new one, which takes forever.

Enough prototype shit, put out the fucking finished version or take the shit off your site. IE is shit, yes, but FF is so far from perfect and all the elitism is bullshit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    I have FireFox .9 and I think it's shit. It's locked up on me more in the last week than .8 did in all the time I had it. God forbid I open a site that has an ad on it. I end up losing all my windows and having to open a new one, which takes forever.

Enough prototype shit, put out the fucking finished version or take the shit off your site. IE is shit, yes, but FF is so far from perfect and all the elitism is bullshit.
    I have never had a problem with firefox except for the voting gateway things.

4. Haven't had a problem yet.

LOL Guest
    1.0 is coming in September.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    One of the reasons that a lot of people dislike IE is that IT DOES NOT FOLLOW PROPER HTML / CSS STANDARDS a lot of the time.

I'm running into this very thing as we speak, in making my new website. I make something that follows standards and looks great in every browsers, except... whoops, IE makes it look like crap! Oh fun, I get to go looking for hacks to make properly-coded code work properly in IE because it is so ass.

Even if FireFox / Mozilla / etc. are not "proper" just yet, at least they are being made with trying to stick to standards worth a damn in mind. That already makes them 1,000% better than IE.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    I have FireFox .9 and I think it's shit. It's locked up on me more in the last week than .8 did in all the time I had it. God forbid I open a site that has an ad on it. I end up losing all my windows and having to open a new one, which takes forever.

Although I do not feel as strongly about as Melf does, I can vouch for what he's saying. I just started using FF. Just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. And although I do quite enjoy the tabs, I do not believe it any faster or better than IE. Is it more secure? Sure. But I personally have NEVER had an issue with IE. Plus, I have also hit every one of the problems Melf has mentioned. I’m going to keep on using it to see if it grows one me (its set as the default browser), but I doubt it will.

Man. K3V, you beat me to it. Well, people aren't going to look in a mozilla thread for that IE info so it's best to create a new thread for it. Since you were first to post it I'll leave it to you.

As for those having FoxFire trouble, have you tried the full version of Mozilla instead. It's past ver. 1 and I find chatzilla useful for IRC chat. It's worth giving it a try too.

In the end, just use whatever browser fits your needs best, and then work to keep your system as secure as possible with what you are using.
    Last edited by Brotherman; 31 Jul 2004 at 09:00 AM.
    Taking it one day at a time.

10. Chicken

A brand spankin' NEW Moz/Fox bug! :)

http://secunia.com/advisories/12188/

This one is fairly... stupid. Websites can surreptitiously re-skin your browser, hijacking the user interface.