Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent and P2P

1. Bit Torrent and P2P

OK.

I have broadband, and would like to get some use out of it. Bittorrent stuff seems to be the hot new ticket, but most everything I try to download I'm getting like 3kb per second. Stuff from suprnova. Once I got around 60kb/s, but that's still pretty bad. What am I doing wrong? I've been using the official Bittorrent client.

Also, every damn thing I try to get off Kazaa is remotely queued, needs more sources etc. and I can't get anything going.

Help!

2. You have too much speed and not enough patience.

3. And you have been no help at all.

4. I gave on bittorrent due to the slow downloads. Kazaa Lite turns up quick stuff on the few times I can get things, while emule turns up tons of stuff, but it's kinda slow.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. i used to have the same problem, but now i constantly get >80kBps transfers. are you using a router, cigs? if so, you're going to have to forward a few ports. look here.

if you have xp, click start > run, then type "command". in the new window, type "ipconfig". forward ports 6881 through 6999 to the ip address listed here.

edit: this is also a useful page..

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i used to have the same problem, but now i constantly get >80kBps transfers. are you using a router, cigs?
    Yes, I am. Thank you! I will look through those pages and see what I can manage tomorrow.

7. Hmm, I usually get pretty good speed with Bittorrent. On average it goes around 100 or more, but a while back I was getting some slower speeds and honestly have no idea what was different, since I didnt switch any setting.

I never used Kazaa, but with Emule, its too friggin slow to download anything. It took me days of download to get same size file, I could get off Bittorrent in mere hours.

I have the same problem that cigs does... lemme know if epmode's solution works out. I'm too lazy to try it unless I know it's going to work =P
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Sometimes torrents just are not fast. You can have 15 seeders, but if none of them have a high ul rate then you are not going to get good speeds. I have gotten speeds of 300kb+, but that really is not that often. Usually I get around 30-60, which is not too bad really. I mean, getting a whole album in an hour is quicker than any other source I know of.

I gave up on Kazaa entirely though. Nothing ever works on that. I still use Soulseek for those hard to find items. That works pretty decent, but nobody ever gives you more then a dozen kbs to download with usually, so that kind of sucks.

PS - cigs thing definetly works.
    your mom

Awesome. I wouldn't bitch about 30-60 kbps... but I get like 3 kbps max.

And that is no good for anyone. I'll try the router bs tonight.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery