Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Fable - Official Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Id rather have a game that is 20 hours and compact, where you do and see something cool every 10 seconds, then a long, sprawling, and inconsistent 50 hour quest. And I have never played a 50 hour game that didnt have a few boring parts.
    Not in GD. - Kano

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    that's what happens when you're forced to run through the same dungeon 30 times.
    Even going through each dungeon once, the completion time is still over 40 hours.
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 26 Aug 2004 at 11:54 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Even going through each dungeon once, the completion time is still over 40 hours.
    that's what i meant, though. even going through each dungeon once, you'll still see the same damn dungeon theme dozens of times. i actually like the game a lot, but it could have used more unique content, especially considering how long it takes to do the sidequests.

edit: nice pic, btw.

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Id rather have a game that is 20 hours and compact, where you do and see something cool every 10 seconds, then a long, sprawling, and inconsistent 50 hour quest. And I have never played a 50 hour game that didnt have a few boring parts.
    Truth. The Wind Waker wasn't bad until you had to run around getting Triforces pieces across the ocean, which we're found with Triforce maps, which we're also under the sea, which had to be translated and.....IMO if they removed that part of the game completely, I would have gone threw it 2 or 3 times afterwards.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    actually strikes me as a little long for the game, and i mean even doing optional stuff. figure ~10 if you hurry, ~15 on average, ~20 if you fuck around and do most of the subquests.
    This is the saddest part.

I wanted it to be open ended like Morrowind, where maybe the main story took you 10-20 hours but the amount of sidequests and shit to do and find made it an adventure where you could put as much time into as you wanted.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    You don't seem to grasp the concept, so I'll make it easy.

Is spending 50 dollars for 60 hours of fantastic and fun gameplay better than 20 hours of fantastic and fun gameplay?
    I think the trick to it is this.

-Fable 20 hrs of gameplay but you'll come back and go through it with different classes, alligments, story lines and subquests done. Its suppost do be a unique experience every time (unless you do the same damn things over and over, its about choice). I'll probally play through it 5-10 times.

-Xenogears 50-80 hours with subquests you can do on the same save game without restarting. Replay value low, but still an excellent/long game.

6. I've yet to play a 20 hour game that didn't have some boring parts either. Somehow I don't think Fable will be any different, even if it is a great game.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Didnt I read somewhere that you can still play after the final boss is defeated? Like you can still wander the villages and talk to people and whatnot?

8. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    You don't seem to grasp the concept, so I'll make it easy.

Is spending 50 dollars for 60 hours of fantastic and fun gameplay better than 20 hours of fantastic and fun gameplay?
    Of course it is. But you're not getting my point, either.

Is spending $50 for 20 hours of gameplay you can replay a ton of different ways better than spending $50 for a 60 hour game that's only fun once? Sure, a lot of people would be happy if the main game was longer, but there's no reason it has to be that long, and it's kind of unreasonable to say every RPG should be.

However, I do wonder about what Mzo said. I always figured your character's transformation would be a more gradual process, but in the time given, it probably moves pretty fast. Still, 20 hours is a long time, and there's a whole lot that can be done with it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    Didnt I read somewhere that you can still play after the final boss is defeated? Like you can still wander the villages and talk to people and whatnot?
    I'd expect that from a game where you can do anything. Spider Man 2 did the same thing and I'm glad they did, even though the missions we're very repetitive.

10. I'm not sure if most of you really read into what MVS said initially, so I'll quote him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    I would expect more (gameplay time) given how long this game has been in development.

Dark Cloud 2 which probably too less than 1/2 the time Fable took to be made sounds to have at least double the time to complete the main game.

There is something seriously wrong with that.
    While I still await this game with bated breath, it does seem suspect for this game to be in development since the beginning of the system's life and have only 20 hours worth of actual unique gameplay. I don't know if that will make the game's worth less/more/just enough, but I'd expect for this game to be HUMONGOUSLY HUGE with the amount of time taken to create it.