Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6070727374

Thread: Fable - Official Thread

1. One was real good for the time, I played through it a couple times and would probably buy an HD remake without much of a second thought. 2 was good when it came out, but when I booted it up like 6 months ago I found myself balking at how bad I thought it was. 3 was really enjoyable for big portions of it, the online was fixed a lot from 2 and was a much better experience. Have been meaning to go through 3 again to save all the citizens and try to clean up the cheevos.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Edit: I just realised you can be gay, get married to a guy, and live with him in a house you buy. I guess that means Yoshi will never play this game.
    18 year old me knew the fucking score.

I don't know if the first game really stands up anymore, I tried it a while back and too many games have done everything in it better since then and I just stopped. If it's rebalanced and if the fresh coat of paint is glossy enough, maybe I can change my mind.

3. Hire one of the Amalur refugees to redo the combat and nothing else and I'll be there day 1.

Maybe day 2.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    One was real good for the time, I played through it a couple times and would probably buy an HD remake without much of a second thought. 2 was good when it came out, but when I booted it up like 6 months ago I found myself balking at how bad I thought it was. 3 was really enjoyable for big portions of it, the online was fixed a lot from 2 and was a much better experience. Have been meaning to go through 3 again to save all the citizens and try to clean up the cheevos.
    Hmm, what about 2 don't you like anymore? I was going to pick that up recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post

I don't know if the first game really stands up anymore, I tried it a while back and too many games have done everything in it better since then and I just stopped. If it's rebalanced and if the fresh coat of paint is glossy enough, maybe I can change my mind.
    We'll see, they seem to be adding a decent amount of changes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Peter Molyneaux is far more dangerous than gay marriage.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Hire one of the Amalur refugees to redo the combat and nothing else and I'll be there day 1.

Maybe day 2.
    I didn't play Amalur for long but it seems like the sort of game Fable was supposed to be.

7. I started to play it but it seemed like it was just too easy and would drag on like whoa

I think I am just tired of the padded length games

8. Definitely need to bump it up to hard at least.
    Definitely need to skip most side quests.
    It had its issues, but it keep me playing for 92+ hours. That hasn't happened in forever.
    Only thing that kept me from the DLC was the level cap.

9. Gameplay video for Fable HD here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/fable-ann...-demo-6410218/

Looks really good, very much looking forward to this.