Thread: Did anyone see Manchurian Canidate?

1. Did anyone see Manchurian Canidate?

I don't want to get into a political firestorm or anything. This thread is just to discuss the movie Manchurian Canidate. I saw it and at first though6 it was okay. Seeing as how I saw the first one, six months ago. I loved the original staring Frank Sinatra as Benamin Marco, Lawurance Phillips as Raymond Shaw, and Angela Landsbury as Elenor Shaw. Thge original was about a hypnosis and the uses against it. The new one was bio-tech and the evils it could bring. I absolutly loved it. If I had to rank it for this year ... It would be Number 2 behind Spiderman2 and before I, Robot. The writing and direction was outstanding and the way it shocked people and got everyone unnearved ... means they did the job. When you saw the first one ... it ended with more questions .... this movie answered those questions, BUT RAISED NEW ONES! Serious, what movie remake does this? Not many, but this one did and I was in awe.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I saw it tonight. I thought it was OK (3 out 4).

Would elaborate, but it's past my bedtime.

3. Just came back from the movie.

It's pretty good. I'm a long-time fan of the original, and this one was both a faithful remake and a clever reimagining. Denzel was excellent, very crazy and fun to watch.

I prefer the original's simplicity and elegance over the remake's overly technical take on mind control. Brainwashing is a hokey subject to begin with; no need to gussy it up with silly pseudo-science.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Good but not great thriller. Denzel is awesome as always but it didn't blow me away or anything. Too predictable for my tastes, granted I never read the Novel or saw the original it's hard not to see where the story is going. I'd say 2/4 stars. Farenheit 9/11 was much scarier than this.

5. as far as thrills go, i thought this movie kept me on my seat for the majority... this is, however, the only thing the movie has going for it, since i found the plot far-fetched and forced and the ending mundane. its definitely a rental, but don't throw down 7 bucks for the theater version, unless you can stomach some weird story development and a close call with incest involving meryl streep.

6. This movie's ending didn't sit well with me, but neither did the ending of my favorite book ever, 1984. I think liking this movie has a lot to do with liking that book. Just something about it. I thought it was great, easily the best movie I've seen in a while (Dodgeball is a comedy, so I suppose it doesn't really count).

Unlike Sleeve, I thought the modernization of the remake went a long way, to the point where I don't think I could really watch the old one. Far-featched, maybe, but whatever ;p