Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MSNBC Plays Metroid Prime

1. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Well, C:SotN is a much better "version" of Super Metroid, without the insane precise tiny platform jumping, juggling by enemies, frustration from odd balancing, and so on, while adding a larger enemy list, better control, a huge amount of weapons and variety of attacks, and even the ability for hidden quests once you've beaten the game. Super Metroid is a great game, but C:SotN is so much better that it's hard to go back (I tried, and only then did I realize just how good C:SotN really was).
    SotN controls better than super metroid? I'd have to disagree. Metroid is so fluid and fast, while SotN is clunky and slow. Plus you can do so much more with the controls in super metroid.

2. Back to the original thread.

What the hell does MSNBC now about games, etc....
    they have their own gaming division now or something?

(i am by no means bashing Metroid Prime, I plan on picking it up for my Cube when its released)
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

3. So bitch when Nintendo keeps re-hashing games, and then bitch when they try to do something new? What's Nintendo to do?
    I wasn't bitching about sequels being radically different, rather I was pointing out why people is bashing Metroid Prime with those analogies. To be honest, I enjoyed Donkey Kong 3 almost as much as the original and Zelda II was a worthy successor to the original in my opinion. Still, I believe Metroid could have been done in 3D without the need to turn it into a FPS. They could have used the Zelda 64-engine.

Johnny U seems like a smart guy and has a vast knowledge of video games, but he is also King of the Nit-pickers.
    Well I tried to be the least anal as possible when it comes to this kind of things actually, but I always end up nitpicking over something anyway.

4. My personal hope is that this game will be much better than the majority of you think.

Bring the atmosphere,
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

Stibbons Guest
    Originally posted by MrKasualUltra2000

What the hell does MSNBC now about games, etc....
    they have their own gaming division now or something?
    I can't speak for MSNBC, but Steven Kent (the man that wrote the article) is arguably the top "mainstream" videogame journalist in the US. He wrote "The First Quarter," later re-released as "Ultimate History of Video Games," which is (also arguably) the best and most informative videogame-related book ever written. He also writes weekly gaming articles for the Los Angeles Times and Japan Times.

He knows his stuff.

6. Originally posted by Stibbons
    I can't speak for MSNBC, but Steven Kent (the man that wrote the article) is arguably the top "mainstream" videogame journalist in the US. He wrote "The First Quarter," later re-released as "Ultimate History of Video Games," which is (also arguably) the best and most informative videogame-related book ever written. He also writes weekly gaming articles for the Los Angeles Times and Japan Times.

He knows his stuff.
    oh.
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

7. Originally posted by Kinopio

SotN controls better than super metroid? I'd have to disagree. Metroid is so fluid and fast, while SotN is clunky and slow. Plus you can do so much more with the controls in super metroid.
    I agree totally! I think SM controls way better then SOTN. But, everyone has their own opinion and he thinks SOTN is better. I'm not too upset because I think both are great games. I, however think that SM is FAR superior to SOTN in every way except graphics.