Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Game Informer magazine?

Do you like Game Informer magazine?

I have to say I have bought an issue every once in awhile the thing that I like the most is that they cover some retro games each issue and or give classic hints/strategies
    though I personally am not big on them having the console and PC games together.

After GameFan/Gamego was no more and I need my magazine gaming fix I'd rank these in this order:

EGM
    Game Informer
    Play

Korian

2. Ever since the death of Gamefan, nothing has really been "readable" for me, only flippable.

Personally, if Game Informer hadn't put in the retro gaming section in the back of the mag, I wouldn't even peruse it in the bookstore. I don't enjoy it in the least. Its a vehicle for Gamestop and Funcoland. Not exactly what I would call a "quality read".

PS: Just my opinion, if you dig it cool.

3. I like it. I think it could be better but it's as good as the rest of the mags out there. That might be due to the sad state of gaming mags. So take it as you will. I love the retro section, it's the only part of ANY mag I can remember giving props to Gunpei Yokoi.

4. Its an Okay magazine, I got it with my Gamestop card, so I can't complain. The PC stuff is real tacked on if you ask me, they should just drop it. Also their "comedy" is really poor. But again the Retro stuff is cool, and I have noticed that they tend to have previews for some games that other mags don't have till later.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    no...i just got a sub so my friend doesnt get fired this week. my sub let his reach his "quota"

6. No, I find the material vile and the writing repulsive. Actually, I detest any gaming magazine that takes photos of their staff and add in speech bubbles saying nonsense like "I are the 1337 d00d!"

7. Originally posted by Clash_Master

The PC stuff is real tacked on if you ask me, they should just drop it.
    I agree, but as long as GameStop carries PC titles, the PC stuff shall remain.

And yeah, I enjoy the mag.

8. I HATE THAT magazine
    it's WORSE then gamepro imho
    those biased crap ass bastards!

the only thing good about that piece of shit mag is the retro section
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

9. I enjoy Game Informer, and I think the magazine has come along way, since Gamestop took over Funcoland. It's only $10 for a subscription, and comes free with my frequent buyer card. Much better magazine than Lamepro, but it does have it's overly childish moments. I miss Gamefan, Gamers Republic and what hope Gamego had to offer.

10. Do I like Game Informer magazine?

I'll put it this way, THIS is where I keep my issues of GF