Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newtype USA drops the DVD from Newstand copies

1. Seems like people are pretty pissed about the whole no dvd thing. Newtype has a poll on their website and so far 45%+ of people said they bought the mag off newstands and don't plan on buying it anymore cause of no dvd.

So spam the poll up if you want the dvd again. Maybe this will knock some sense into the new stupid ass editor in chief of the mag.

2. Magazines survive off of subscriptions. They are, no doubt, trying to help get subscriptions up.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. Maybe they should've had this "subscriber exclusive DVD" idea back BEFORE they released the magazine, then.

There's no way in hell I'm paying $90 for a magazine subscription, and there's no way I'm going to buy a $10, bonus-less magazine. Bye, Newtype.

While the subscription to Newtype would be nice, there are much higher priority things for me to do with that kind of money when I'm able to save it.

I know that ad money was more important though. Since subscriptions = a guaranteed base of potential customers to sell to potential advertisers. Who knows, I might subscribe one day, but not until after some other things are taken care of.
    Last edited by Brotherman; 26 Aug 2004 at 05:27 PM.
    Taking it one day at a time.

5. The poll showed that maybe around 10% would buy a subscription.