Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keyboard?

1. does anyone know of a keyboard that is silent...or nearly silent when you tpye, cuz my keyboard sounds like im hammering everytime i hit a key

2. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    St. Johns University. All full-time freshmans or full-time transfers get a laptop. I'm a transfer student (BFA Graphic Design). While still enrolled in the college, its still their property. But once I graduate, its mine.
    Cool, I didn't know St. Johns had the laptop program now, I think pretty much all the colleges do that. I took a look at the R series thinkpads, they're not bad, but the layout is different than the T series that I am used to. What that hump in the back of the Thinkpad? And the red port at the back? Is that a parallel port?

My school offered the T series, here's a link to the upcoming year's specs:
    Link

I had the Fall 2001 model (go to Laptop Specs link on the left).
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

3. i think you should stick to a normal one, if you are not necessarily sticking with your own computer, like at work for example, as that will mess you about completely and you'll be worse off for it

4. Quote Originally Posted by missinghopper
    does anyone know of a keyboard that is silent...or nearly silent when you tpye, cuz my keyboard sounds like im hammering everytime i hit a key
    the gameshark keyboard is small and VERY quiet.

5. Quote Originally Posted by missinghopper
    does anyone know of a keyboard that is silent...or nearly silent when you tpye, cuz my keyboard sounds like im hammering everytime i hit a key
    The second picture is what I have. Its somewhat silent, but I guess its the way you type. The ones that are really quiet are laptop keyboards. You can get those rubberish type keyboard covers and use those.

Quote Originally Posted by SearchManX
    Cool, I didn't know St. Johns had the laptop program now, I think pretty much all the colleges do that. I took a look at the R series thinkpads, they're not bad, but the layout is different than the T series that I am used to. What that hump in the back of the Thinkpad? And the red port at the back? Is that a parallel port?

My school offered the T series, here's a link to the upcoming year's specs:
    Link

I had the Fall 2001 model (go to Laptop Specs link on the left).
    Damn, your laptop is better. The specs I have posted up above is pretty much the same but I got a R40 instead of the R50. The R50 is for freshmens. Supposedly the 40 is better and less troublesome than the 50. The red port..which is really purple, is the printer port. Hump? Theres no hump. And they gave us cheap wireless B and no G. Gay! I had to install most of the stuff myself such as firewall, better anti-virus and most of my programs.

SJU started the laptop program a year or two ago. Only bad thing about it is that they put gay ass stickers on the front.

- NYPD Laptop program (incase its stolen or lost, they can track it..something like a lowjack for a car)
    - a metallic "SJU if found call this #..." plate right smack in the middle. I dont even know if when I graduate if this can come off.

I would take a picture but right now, I'm digi-cam-less. My parents took my cam with them to China/Hong Kong. I wont have pictures till end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    the gameshark keyboard is small and VERY quiet.
    I saw that at EB. I was thinking of getting it and use it on my laptop. For $20, I dont think you can go wrong.
    Last edited by bandit; 06 Sep 2004 at 04:50 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by missinghopper
    Dont throw it away, quiet membrane keyboards are like typing on a pile of mush.

If you get a quiet one, you will likely hate it and go back,

Original IBM Metal frame PS/2 Model-M keyboard for Life!
    Last edited by Wildkat; 07 Sep 2004 at 09:52 AM.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

With this, who needs a keyboard?

Yes, it isn't practical for everything, but I thought it's pretty nifty.