Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. The second phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today.

This will allow users to download the majority of the audio of Half-Life 2 in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased Half-Life 2 via Steam will be ready to start playing right away.
    edit: it's up now. one gigabyte, uncompressed.

not much longer..
    Last edited by epmode; 02 Sep 2004 at 09:24 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    Anyone recognize this magazines layout? I found this image, but the suprising lack of buzz leads me to believe it's fake.

P.S. The fact that this thread only has 90-something posts makes the G-man cry.
    PlanetHalflife.com reported that the magazine made a "guess" about the games completion and had a quote from a magazine editor or somebody related to the magazine. Why the hell would you "guess" that a magazine is finished and make your readers think that it really is? Sounds like a poor publication to me.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. okay, took me all night but i finally got the preload done (thank god since my dsl will be shut off soon). i got the "a locked version of the game is stored on your pc" message. so where does it save too? also can you just burn the game "images" off onto a disc somehow? i have the original hl downloaded and no longer play it but would like to have a tangible copy for myself.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    okay, took me all night but i finally got the preload done (thank god since my dsl will be shut off soon). i got the "a locked version of the game is stored on your pc" message. so where does it save too? also can you just burn the game "images" off onto a disc somehow? i have the original hl downloaded and no longer play it but would like to have a tangible copy for myself.
    go to your steam folder, then "SteamApps," to backup a game, just burn its gcf file. all hl1 related files will fit on single cds, but you'll need to span discs to fit the hl2 files, as they're a gig each.

btw, the preload isn't completely finished. all you downloaded were textures and sound. everything else will be available in the coming weeks.

5. just in case anyone cares:
    September 10, 2004, 3:07 pm · valve

The third phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today.

This will allow users to download the majority of the models of Half-Life 2 in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased Half-Life 2 via Steam will be ready to start playing right away.

6. I predict that this game will go gold on September 23rd.

7. The game has probably gone gold now. YOu know.. if it was avaliable.

8. Valve is giving the Release Candidate to Vivendi on the 15th of this month. If Vivendi accepts the RC then the game will likely be out by Halloween ("out" as in on store shelves).
    Last edited by Gohron; 10 Sep 2004 at 11:03 PM.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    The game has probably gone gold now. YOu know.. if it was avaliable.
    Theyre delivering a release candidate on September the 15th, and then their publisher has to go over it and make sure its square before it goes gold.

10. Gamespot already pretty much confirmed that November 1 was the official date.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico