Page 14 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=325
    Tomorrow at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.

For more detailed information, please visit www.steampowered.com.

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers

BRONZE -- $49.95

• Half-Life 2*
    • Counter-Strike: Source
    SILVER -- $59.95

• Half-Life 2*
    • Half-Life 1: Source*
    • Day of Defeat: Source*
    • Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
    GOLD -- $89.95

• Half-Life 2*
    • Half-Life 1: Source*
    • Day of Defeat: Source*
    • Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
    • Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
    • 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
    • Half-Life Collector's box
    • Half-Life 2 hat
    • Half-Life 2 postcard
    • Half-Life 2 stickers
    • Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
    • Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*(To be made available upon products' release.)
    • i thought there would be a slight discount with steam purchases, but i guess not. still, that gold package is looking nice (and completely excessive).. i'll see you all on counterstrike tomorrow night.
    Last edited by epmode; 06 Oct 2004 at 06:15 PM.

2. Wait, so you gotta pay extra to get Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike on Source? How gay.

And still no word on TF2...

*gives middle finger in Valve's direction*

3. so much hate.(
    btw, you don't have to pay extra for cs: source. it comes with every version of hl2.

and like i've mentioned before, we won't hear anything about tf2 until after the launch. november at the earliest, i'd think.

4. Err Day of Defeat and Half-Life 1. That comes in the "silver" bundle... so it costs an extra $10 for those. That is such fucking crap and is total rapage of the fans who have been waiting for this shit for years. As if Sierra hasnt milked this fucking franchise enough with their endless bundles and repackaging and shitty expansions.

I just want to say that I am bitterly, bitterly, bitterly dissapointed by Valve. Theyve shit on their fans who supported them and were patient way too long. I realize everyone still kisses their ass but it shouldnt be that way. Theyre going on the list.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 06 Oct 2004 at 06:31 PM.

These payment options are utter ass.

I love Half Life 2 and all, but I don't know about this...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I just want to say that I am bitterly, bitterly, bitterly dissapointed by Valve. Theyve shit on their fans who supported them and were patient way too long. I realize everyone still kisses their ass but it shouldnt be that way.
    i agree with this, believe it or not..

in the end, though, all that matters is that half-life 2 still looks to be one of the best games to come out in years. i'm willing to overlook valve's obvious marketing/manegerial/legal problems as long as the game is worthwhile. the ~4 new hl2 reviews show that the wait has been worth it.
    Last edited by epmode; 06 Oct 2004 at 06:44 PM.

7. All ~4 of those reviews are written by magazines that have had their lips firmly attached to Gabe Newell's rapidly-expanding ass for the past 6 years. I dont want to give Valve a cent, and I wont. There's plenty of other ways to get the game if its that good.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    There's plenty of other ways to get the game if its that good.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    Day of Defeat is the best WW2 game ever. You heard me.
    Not only do I believe this news, I wholeheartedly agree with said news, second the news, and propose to elevate this news's status to real, actual, canonical fact. This is the only reason I will be paying for HL2. Half-life and CS are the fringe benefits. I got DoD 1 free for starting up in beta, and I won't mind paying 60 for this one.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. I've got an ATI Voucher, so I get the full CS:Source for free tommorow, and I'll probably be investing 10 dollars into getting DoD and HL1 source. Good to be me