Page 16 of 184 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. Downloading it now; awesome. I went with Silver, don't feel like buying a soundtrack I have yet to hear.
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 07 Oct 2004 at 02:59 PM.

2. You'd think we'd be free of dust. But a lot of servers are still using it (Go them!... fucking douches) But yeah...

Oh and watch out for Memory leaks I got this one when I quit via console:

Quote Originally Posted by WHen steam fucked me over
    Steam.exe(main exception): CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialized): Bad Field - Extends past end of blob
    Awesome.... wow now I can't even load steam up...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Downloading it now; awesome. I went with Silver, don't feel like buying a soundtrack I have yet to hear.
    in case anyone's interested, the soundtrack is by the guy that made half-life 1's. which was good, but far too short for a standalone disc.
    Last edited by epmode; 07 Oct 2004 at 04:40 PM.

4. Yeah I'm happy with what I got. Also fixed my error, just reused the CS_STeam installer. Only needed to overwrite the exe no big deal.

And to Diffx, had I been there when you were I would probably agree with you.

I'm ThiefSilver in friends.
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 07 Oct 2004 at 05:09 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777
    Once the info/game finally is out, all your bitching will cease, cause itll be worth it ,and you know it.
    No I dont, because Ill be busy playing games from other companies that actually have respect for their fans, not ones that treat them as an endless source of cash and cruddy websites that kiss their ass. I was patient for a long time, I was pissed when those people stole the HL2 source code, but the endless delays, the "gaben" as password fiasco, legal bickering, stupid fucking Steam pricing schemes, and continued silence on TF2 got to me. Im done with them.

You want the bar raised? Then you have to wait.
    This is the same sort of bullshit I read from Duken Nukem Forever apologists. The fact is, the bar has been raised by other people, many times, since TFC came out, and none of that has to do with Valve. There's plenty of other great developers doing great things with online FPS play; I dont need to wait until these chumps get around to raising the bar.

Unless TF2 is twice as good as every other game out there, which it wont be, then whatever, opportunity passed. I mean, hey, HL2 looked twice as good as every other game out there when it was first shown... now there's Far Cry and Doom 3, and FEAR is coming out (along with plenty of other awesome looking FPSes). So eh. It all comes down to me not wanting to give my money to companies that treat their fans like crap. If you want to, and plenty of people do, by all means.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 07 Oct 2004 at 05:33 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Unless TF2 is twice as good as every other game out there, which it wont be, then whatever, opportunity passed. I mean, hey, HL2 looked twice as good as every other game out there when it was first shown... now there's Far Cry and Doom 3, and FEAR is coming out (along with plenty of other awesome looking FPSes).
    that's an odd criteria for buying games. judging from your own posts, though, you don't even follow it yourself. i mean, warcraft 3? swg? great games, but hardly twice as good as their nearest competition. teh hate has overridden teh logic.

to say nothing of the fact that while i loved far cry and kinda liked doom 3, half-life 2 still looks to be far above and beyond them both. you'll see soon enough..

(fear looks fucking awesome, by the way. it just won't be out for another year)
    Last edited by epmode; 07 Oct 2004 at 06:36 PM.

7. Man, do you guys remember how crazy fucking excited I was for Half-Life 2? Now after all the delays and all the crazy bullshit surrounding it, I don't even care. This is what I'm going to do.

I'm going to wake up one day and get on IRC and Mairu is going to say "Hey, did you hear? HL2 came out yesterday".

Then I'll go to EBGames.com, order the collectors edition with whatever the cheapest shipping is.

A week later it'll arrive, I'll open it up, look at it, then play a shitload of Halo 2, or 3rd Strike, or whatever.

Finally, when I work up the nerve to install it, I'll let out a long sigh and say "About fucking time, assholes".

I still believe it'll be one of the greatest games of all time...it's just wow...Valve has really broken my spirit for this game.
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. Hah.. they found the limit to overhype. ANd yeah I feel the same way, I couldn't wait.. but now it's just another release. A great release it will be but that's all.

Oh... Xfire is awesome. miracleknight is mine (They don't take capital letters :/)
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 07 Oct 2004 at 07:09 PM.

9. I felt that way, and kind of still do, but after reading those PC Gamer review scans my excitment has come back. The gameplay descriptions and movies floating around have me pretty positive this will be the best game of the year by far.

But still, I can't believe some of you are being such huge babies about the whole thing. Valve surely dropped the ball on this one, and it's been annoying and disenchanting waiting for it, but it looks like they've made one of the best games ever...doesn't that count for something?

10. If you shoot open the computers ( which are clearly Dell knockoffs ) in cs_office, they have 9800 Pro's inside. Gotta love crossmarketing