Page 170 of 184 FirstFirst ... 156166168169170171172174 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1834

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. Yeah, I checked Steam's support section and the forums.

But oddly enough, I tried again, making one change; taking the resolution down to 800x600.

I don't know if it actually did anything or if it was just a less taxing portion of the game or whatever, but I managed to play through the rest and the first chapter again (on hard, with commentary for the hell of it) just fine. Awesome game, by the way.

In other news, I turned off AA in Blood Money, out of curiosity, and it completely stopped the rare crashing in that game. Between this and Episode 1, I'm convinced that my 9800 Pro is on its way out. Not too surprising; about a year ago, I found that the secondary power jack on it was charred from the POS power supply I had at the time, so I figured this thing didn't have much life left in it.

Good to see that SA really didn't spoil anything, and the episode 2 trailer was awesome.
    Last edited by Tain; 03 Jun 2006 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    HELL YES.

Definitely one of the top... 20 games ever.
    Well I mean, I've played it all the way through on a friend's PC, I just want to know if the xbox rev is worth it or if I should hold out for the PC one.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Not too surprising; about a year ago, I found that the secondary power jack on it was charred from the POS power supply I had at the time, so I figured this thing didn't have much life left in it.
    that would never....EVER cause someone to wonder

4. that would never....EVER cause someone to wonder
    Well, yeah, but I figured that after working fine for months and months after that, it wouldn't be too bad. At least I know now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Well I mean, I've played it all the way through on a friend's PC, I just want to know if the xbox rev is worth it or if I should hold out for the PC one.
    Get the PC one if at all possible. Expansions, mouse/keyboard, much better resolution, multiplayer modes, mods, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    Get the PC one if at all possible. Expansions, mouse/keyboard, much better resolution, multiplayer modes, mods, etc.
    IBTN. HL2:E1 @ 1680x1050 FTW

7. I get some annoying thrashing still. Like I'll be playing the game, it will pause for a second (usually when a lot of things are happening) and then it'll kick back in with the audio catching up to the visuals. Or it'll pause and then kick back in and studder, then run normally/ It happens a lot more than I'd like, it really fucks with the flow of the game. That said, I reached the surface last night and there's some pretty intense moments so far. My rig is really starting to show it's age.

I reached the surface today too. I probably would have just beaten the whole thing straight through yesterday, but I get random motion sickness in FPS, and it's hit me twice in HL2:E1 so far, so I have to take breaks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I get random motion sickness in FPS.
    noob.

10. Question

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I reached the surface today too. I probably would have just beaten the whole thing straight through yesterday, but I get random motion sickness in FPS, and it's hit me twice in HL2:E1 so far, so I have to take breaks.
    Sometimes I get that too. It's happening with this, I can play for an hour fine and then I need to stop. I played Black with no problems though, I don't know why it happens with some FPS and not with others. I can't watch others play though, that fucks me up.