Page 180 of 184 FirstFirst ... 166176178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1834

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm one of those assholes who actually likes platforming so I didn't mind it either, but it certainly took the game in a different direction. I'm not sure if expanding it would be for the best.
    Xen is to HL what the zero-G part is to Crysis. I appreciate the ZG part of Crysis also, but I understand it does change things up far more than some may like.

2. Nah, the zero-G portion of Crysis had more than five minutes of thought put into it. Xen was someone's shitty Quake fan mod with a terrible video game boss that accidently got attached to a groundbreaking game.

3. I'm pretty stoked for this. I never played the original HL, but HL2 is a fav. I have the countdown ticker open in another tab.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
    I never played the original HL
    Ban pls

5. I've only played it on Dreamcast, and it was pretty much impossible once the soldiers showed up, so I've only seen a portion of the game.
    I hope this turns out well.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Ban pls

Better late than never?
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

7. My major problem with Xen wasn't the platforming but rather the different turn that the combat took. Ammo for decent guns was at a premium and you ended up having to rely on that organic weapon that regenerated its own ammunition. It held up to 8 shots, and it took that same amount to kill a Vortigaunt, so you ended up doing a lot of hiding behind things while waiting for the ammo to recharge.

8. I've never played half-life at all.

At this point I'm just waiting until the whole fucking series is finished before getting involved.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Cryogenics?

10. Black Mesa is out. The site has collapsed under the weight of the demand, but you can torrent it from this site or your tracker of choice.