Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 168178180181182183184 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1834

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. This is pretty great.

I'm getting some weird graphical glitches with the flashlight though, anyone else?
    (nevermind, restarted and it fixed itself)
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 14 Sep 2012 at 06:33 PM.

2. I'm about 2 hours in and holy shit. This mod is incredible. It's a monumental accomplishment for a free release.

My only complaints are minor: I miss some of the old sound effects. Lots of the replaced audio is great but some of the original stuff was iconic (HOUNDEYE). The devs kept some original sound effects so they obviously agree to some extent. The new music doesn't fit as well either.

That leaked video had me worried that the voice acting would be even worse than the original but I'm happy to report that Black Mesa is on par, at the very least. Kleiner's soundalike is uncanny.

3. Eli is not a black man. Still, I like they added him in. It really is much better than I thought it would be

4. The jump-crouch is over-emphasized in this by the smaller regular jump, too. That bothers me a bit. But overall I really like this.

5. So is Xen just skipped, or does this remake cut off at that point?

6. Cuts off. Xen will be a future addition.

7. But wasn't there a section after Xen? I haven't played it since like '98, and I can't remember stuff from last week, so maybe not.

8. Nope, Xen is the final act, culminating in the fight with Nihilanth.

9. A couple tips to improve jumping.

If you want to automate crouch jumping so it's one key, you can edit the autoexec.cfg in the cfg folder and add the following lines:
    Code:
    bind "space" "+crouchjump"
    alias +crouchjump "+jump; wait 5; duckON"
    alias -crouchjump "wait 5; duckOFF; -jump"
    alias duckON "+duck"
    alias duckOFF "-duck" 

//fix jump from crouch state
    bind "ctrl" "+normalduck"
    bind "c" "+normalduck"
    alias +normalduck "+duck; alias duckON; alias duckOFF"
    alias -normalduck "-duck; alias duckON +duck; alias duckOFF -duck"
    If you just want to adjust the jump height, you can open skill.cfg and change the following values.
    Code:
    bms_normal_jump_vertical_speed				"220"
    bms_normal_jump_crouch_vertical_speed		"220"
    220 or 240 seems about HL1 jumping height but make it whatever you like.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 15 Sep 2012 at 06:48 PM.

10. Neat. It does seem odd sometimes to have to crotch crouch jump for getting on top of nearly every single required obstacle, but it's not annoying me so I probably won't bother altering it.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 15 Sep 2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Whoops.