Page 29 of 184 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    http://forums.3dgamers.com/showthread.php?t=2731

You don' t get any of that stuff if you buy the game in-store?
    You only get HL2 and CS:S with the regular retail version, with HL1:S added in the CE.

But not with the Silver package?
    Nothing physical with either Bronze or Silver.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Even if you buy the physical retail version, you're still screwed, because you have to tie your copy to your Steam account anyway. At least that's my understanding.
    I was under the impression that that was only for CS:S, not HL2 proper.

This is the part that bothers me:

THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, AND MERCHANDISE REMAINS WITH YOU, THE USER. VALVE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS (I) ANY WARRANTY FOR STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, AND THE MERCHANDISE, AND (II) ANY COMMON LAW DUTIES WITH REGARD TO STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, AND THE MERCHANDISE, INCLUDING DUTIES OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE AND LACK OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT. STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, THE MERCHANDISE, AND ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. ANY WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT THAT MAY BE PROVIDED IN SECTION 2-312(3) OF THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE AND/OR IN ANY OTHER COMPARABLE STATE STATUTE IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF TITLE, INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT, OR AUTHORITY IN CONNECTION WITH STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, MERCHANDISE OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
    But fuck it, who am I kidding? This shit will be pirated and cracked by the time Steam goes under, so I don't know why I'm being so anal.

3. I just dont like Steam. I dont want to pay $50 or $60 for a download. I want a physical copy. This is not unreasonable. Valve's bundling to discourage people from buying the boxed copies is also rather ghoulish. Its just bad in principle.

If EA was pulling this garbage you guys would be up in arms.

4. Ok, I said screw it and signed up for steam and... well it looks like I can only save games to my C drive or something. that's disgusting. I have like... no space on that old thing. How do I fix that?

EDIT: I get it, it just installs where steam is. So now I have to reinstall Steam. That's cute.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 Nov 2004 at 02:57 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I just dont like Steam. I dont want to pay $50 or $60 for a download. I want a physical copy. This is not unreasonable. Valve's bundling to discourage people from buying the boxed copies is also rather ghoulish. Its just bad in principle.

If EA was pulling this garbage you guys would be up in arms.
    I agree.

I'd get Silver in a heartbeat if I could get a physical copy.

Gold is a bit too expensive considering half of what I'm paying for I don't really care about.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

6. Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    I agree.

I'd get Silver in a heartbeat if I could get a physical copy.

Gold is a bit too expensive considering half of what I'm paying for I don't really care about.
    I agree.

I could have SWORN that Day of Defeat was in the 80 dollar package, but it's not.

I'd rather Valve offer the Silver package with a DVD at retail for 60, instead of a bunch of retarded shit at 80 like a shirt.

I went ahead and got the Silver package so I can play Counter-Strike: Source now. EDIT: And fucking wow it's amazing.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 09 Nov 2004 at 05:14 PM.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. Seriously, all the games are OLD and were free.. except now some of them have graphical updates and they are charging for them?

wtf...

Charge a little more for the retail boxes since you know.. they have to make that stuff...hell charge more for swag bull shit like a shirt and 5 posters.

But include all the games with each package...

8. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    Seriously, all the games are OLD and were free.. except now some of them have graphical updates and they are charging for them?
    Well, Half Life 2 is retailing for 54.99, so technically I only paid 5 dollars extra for Source versions of CS, HL 1, and Day of Defeat. I can live with that.

But yea, that retail box is incredible garbage. The guy at EB didn't seem phased when I cancelled. He just asked me if I was getting it through Steam instead, and mentioned that not alot of people have ordered the collector's edition.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 09 Nov 2004 at 05:32 PM.

9. I hate to say it but this is one time I would like to see Diff come in here and call this faggy bullshit.

Valve =

10. Hey, quick question.

Your sig, was Steam a huge piece of shit back in the day? I mean, I just got it today, and it seems to work just fine.