Page 3 of 184 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    I doubt that it will be released on my birthday

Plus STALKER just got delayed till next year
    from what i saw Stalker looks like asshole. thats the russian nuclear eat the animals game right? *shiver*

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 3!

Will be forgotten when HL 2 comes out.
    Agreed. I am enjoying Doom 3, but alot of that enjoyment is visuals. I'm sure HL2's gameplay with dwarf Doom 3's.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    from what i saw Stalker looks like asshole. thats the russian nuclear eat the animals game right? *shiver*
    Whatever. I think it looks incredible. Sure, it may be not Doom 3, but it has cool setting, huge world, cool monsters, lots of weapons, gadgets and artifacs, interesting exploration and trading system, actually GOOD AI, vehicles, awesome physics and lighting and weather fx.

Plus it is set in Russia (Ukraine to be specific).

Sure its not going to be Half Life 2, but it still looks awesome.

4. Sign me up for another waiting for Stalker, at least it tries some new things unlike some OTHER big game just released (hmmmmm doom3 maybe?)

But yea, Half Life 2 will own the world when its released, until TF 2 that is.

I decided Im not gonna give Valve any of my money until Team Fortress 2 is out. Not CS Source, not TFC Source, TF2.

Thats how its gotta be.
    You liar, you know you won't be able to resist.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Whatever. I think it looks incredible. Sure, it may be not Doom 3, but it has cool setting, huge world, cool monsters, lots of weapons, gadgets and artifacs, interesting exploration and trading system, actually GOOD AI, vehicles, awesome physics and lighting and weather fx.
    Despair's right this game looks nice. It has some of the best light sourcing I have ever seen. Check out The Stalker Behind the Scenes 4 trailer at gametrailers.com.

The whole concept of fight four different types of enemy (creatures, military, other stalkers and environmental anomalies) to race other Stalkers to collect artifacts is pretty cool. Just like Farcry all the AI is unscripted, another big plus.
    Last edited by Videodrone; 05 Aug 2004 at 11:06 PM.

6. DOOM 3 is a great game, but I cant imagine it being better than HL2 , they're two different types, DOOM 3 is a claustrophobic scarefest. HL2 seems like it's going to be much bigger and more immersive

7. Honestly, the more I play Doom 3, the more I wish I was playing HL2.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I won't be able to play this either.

The XBOX versions of Doom 3 and HL2 need to come out so I can jump on the band wagon three months too late.
    If you're gonna have to wait 3 months to get it, you should spend them working your ass off so you can get a new PC.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

9. Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    If you're gonna have to wait 3 months to get it, you should spend them working your ass off so you can get a new PC.
    That's not as good of an idea as just waiting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Honestly, the more I play Doom 3, the more I wish I was playing HL2.
    Because it sucks ass....