Page 6 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. I want this game. Now that I've completed Doom 3, I cannot wait for this game. Doom 3 had nothing revolutionary.

Maybe I'll get FarCry until this game hits.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rhydant
    I don't want that 'rushed beta' experience you get with Doom3.
    huh? say what you will about the game, but it's easily the most polished pc game i've ever played, rivalling even the most budget-y console titles.

pixel: far cry is very rock. i just started playing it myself.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rhydant
    I dont care if it takes another month for this to be released. Just as long as they get it right! I don't want that 'rushed beta' experience you get with Doom3. That ain't cool.
    I agree with ep, Doom 3 is the most polished PC game I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
    ...but I'd heard that review sites are already being contacted by PR about getting a copy over Steam for their articles soon.
    GLEEEEEEEEE
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    Can anyone give a rough estimate on how much I'd have to tone down the game with a Radeon 9600 Pro? For now...
    Judging how well the leak ran on my 9000 Pro, probably not much if any. It's not as graphically intensive as Doom III or Far Cry, so if you can run those well you can easily run HL2.

6. Anyone see this? Apparently the story and ending is out.

From Voodoo Extreme-
    Colonel Klink must be the official Commandant at Valve for security, as stories from HL2 World and Gamespot suggest that Valve included a file which contains all of Half Life 2's dialogue, and story for that matter, in the beta test for Counter-Strike: Source. Here's more:

The day before Valve starts preloading Half-Life 2 assets onto its Steam network, it appears the publisher may have made an embarrassing mistake. Several Web sites--most prominently HL2World.com--have reported that Valve accidentally released a file containing all of the dialogue from Half-Life 2 when it initially distributed the Counter-Strike: Source beta to cyber cafés last week.

According to reports, the dialogue is embedded in a .gcf file sent out along with the beta. Apparently, it was included for closed-captioning purposes and was overlooked because .gcf files aren't meant to be opened. Obviously, it was not meant for public eyes and contains numerous spoilers about the game, including its (surprising) ending.

I may have read what the ending is, and if it's true it sounds freaking stupid (I started reading a line and it went into a potential spoiler so I freaked and stopped reading. But if what I read was true...weak dude.)

7. 1 year delay!

8. another big mistake by Valve...whats new. The idiots get their code stolen because they left their network wide open to hackers (WHY they have their dev pc's hooked up to the net is beyond me in this day and age). Now the idiots release the dialogue to HL2 by mistake... wow...

will this cause another delay?? who knows.. I'm still looking forward to HL2, but my goodness.. those folks at Valve are morons.

9. That's what I've been saying. BTW, stealing code should *not* cause such a long delay. So they are dumb AND they lie. *images of TF2 pop into head*
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 18 Aug 2004 at 12:11 PM.

10. this won't cause a delay. it's entirely valve's fault, and the only way to "fix" it would be to completely rework the game. as long as i don't read the script, i have no problem with their fuckup.