Page 15 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 - official (9/14 Black Mesa Source?!)

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    There's plenty of other ways to get the game if its that good.
    Yeah, god forbid you actually support a quality product by paying money for it.

2. Wait, so you gotta pay extra to get Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike on Source? How gay.
    I just want to say that I am bitterly, bitterly, bitterly dissapointed by Valve. Theyve shit on their fans who supported them and were patient way too long. I realize everyone still kisses their ass but it shouldnt be that way. Theyre going on the list.
    Look, valve makes THE best online FPS games the world has ever seen, PERIOD. Theres a reason the valve games are THE most played online games out there right now, and most of the games are mods of the six year old HalfLife one. Youre asking for new updates (new graphics, aniamtions, weapons, map tweaks, etc.) FOR FREE? Christ, they updated their shit for YEARS for free. CS, which is old as dirt still gets updates. DOD destroys EVERY other WW2 game out there, and that shits been free too. Bout time they make some money off of it.

HL 2 will be worth every damn penny. Im nerding out hard and getting the gold package.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

3. I lost faith in HL2 about a year ago, but it's worth checking this topic for diffusionx's rage-filled posts alone.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Look, valve makes THE best online FPS games the world has ever seen, PERIOD. Theres a reason the valve games are THE most played online games out there right now, and most of the games are mods of the six year old HalfLife one. Youre asking for new updates (new graphics, aniamtions, weapons, map tweaks, etc.) FOR FREE? Christ, they updated their shit for YEARS for free. CS, which is old as dirt still gets updates. DOD destroys EVERY other WW2 game out there, and that shits been free too. Bout time they make some money off of it.
    Oh yes, I am SO GLAD that Valve is offering to sell me their retooled updates of 6-year old games! Especially when, you know, they were probably originally done as Source engine tests (Half-Life 1: Source isnt half the update that Counterstrike: Source is). I am SO GLAD that I am being offered this while I have waited for information on Team Fortress 2 for the past six years! And Ive gotten nothing! It is so great to see a developer string along a loyal customer like me for six years. Man, that is just... well, you have no idea! Because youre blinded by your fanboy idiocy towards them!

Also, I am SO GLAD that Valve is doing all of this while they also delayed their game for over a year after setting a so-called definite date!

And Ill also say that CounterStroke & Day of Defeat were not made by Valve originally, they were MADE to be free by mod designers. Just because Valve assimilated them doesnt change anything. They released boxed versions of those fucking games and plenty of people bought them. And those that did play them for free only got that luxury because they bought Half-Life.

If I dont give Nintendo a pass when they treat their fans like shit, Im not gonna give Valve one, either.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 06 Oct 2004 at 11:49 PM.

5. i was wandering around a hl2 board yesterday, when some myg0t shitheads spammed it with dozens of thread titles that gave away a few of hl2's bigger twists. who sucks more, the spammers or valve for leaking the script in the first place? (hint: valve)

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i was wandering around a hl2 board yesterday, when some myg0t shitheads spammed it with dozens of thread titles that gave away a few of hl2's bigger twists. who sucks more, the spammers or valve for leaking the script in the first place? (hint: valve)
    The same thing happened to me, only in a CS:Source server a month ago.

7. You want the bar raised? Then you have to wait. Sure waiting sucks, and them switching release dates and shit isnt fun, but itll be worth it in the end. Also i dont classifiy including CSS, and the other mods (practically for free) "treating their fans like shit" when the main game here is HL2 anyways. Maybe thats just me though.

Theyve said time and time again that TF2 is far in developement, but they will not release any info on it till after HL2 hits the shelves. The old TF2 version got scraped, because they needed a better engine to do justice to their vision for the game. Once the info/game finally is out, all your bitching will cease, cause itll be worth it ,and you know it.

Oh and practically the entire CS and DOD team works for valve now. Isnt that half the point of making a really good mod is so that it does well and maybe the company of the game its based off of buys it and hires you? I got no beef with them selling those mods separately.

On another note, I ran in to those Mygot dudes when they totally destroyed some CSS servers last month. Wasnt fun.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

8. Whos up for some CS:Source tonight!!??! WOOOO, No more de_dust!

9. i'll be on. you're on my steam friends list, but i bet they're still going to have problems with it.. you on xfire?

edit: my xfire name is epmode.
    Last edited by epmode; 07 Oct 2004 at 11:53 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i'll be on. you're on my steam friends list, but i bet they're still going to have problems with it.. you on xfire?
    I think I uninstalled it, but I'll set it up again, under davestator